Celebrities - jerks and otherwise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jun 29, 2003.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

Absolutely incorrect...first off Maradona played back in the day... No -one had NIKE contracts like that...and if it is the most watched sport, logicaly wouldnt you think their best player for the best watched sport wopuld be more famous than TIGER woods who has a HUmongous contract with Nike and amrerican express and so forth and so on...like i said maybe Not MJ,,, but Tyson and Woods, surely you are kidding me....Beckham is by far more famous than those two put togehter, whether or not he has a contract with NIKE doesnt change that....peace

#21     Jun 30, 2003

2. Ok..I give up ....You mean to tell me the most famous and transcendent athlete who is worshipped, can't get a 90 million dollar show deal in the most watched sport in the world......But an 18 year old kid in high school in ohio can?????? Does this make sense? Do you think we know something that Nike doesn't;t?....by the way, it's known to me as " the stadium formely known as Joe Robbie" :D

#22     Jun 30, 2003
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

Wrong again....Most people watch the Superbowl for the commercials.....:D

#23     Jun 30, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Nike and others have their reasons....maybe cotractual reasons or maybe trying to market to a certain clielte..who knows...but with that line of thought you would say TIGER WOODS is More famous than BECKHAM??? he does have a huge NIKE contract in a very exciting sport...hahahahah...

#24     Jun 30, 2003
  5. Yes i would...He's famous in Europe , asia and america and has brought a huge following to the sport....that's why he will be the first billionaire...look at the ratings drop when he is NOT playing or is NOT in the final round...QUESTION: If Beckham is NOT playing due to injury, will the world cup ratings drop 40%??...or are they rabid die hard fans who love soccer and will watch it anyway?

#25     Jun 30, 2003
  6. most down to earth cool dudes hands down between
    greg maddux/evander holyfield

horace grant very cool
    rod beck very nice
    terry pendleton cool dude
    rich arelia nice guy

biggest cock.. no tippin pippin

#26     Jun 30, 2003
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

I couldnt tell you for sure if either Athletes do that to their sport if they dont play.....Hell and you may be right, but i doubt Woods is more famous than Beckham outside the USA.....

#27     Jun 30, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

Labron James is not known outside of the USA...I mean he might be but surely not to the level we are speaking about and he just got the biggest contract a shoe company has ever awarded.....:confused:
    therefore he must be the most famous athlete out there..........

JOE ROBBIE STADIUM...it has always been that name to me...he built the stadium by raising his own funds, when the ity didnt want to raise them for him and he got tha job done...that name should never have been sold...

#28     Jun 30, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

#29     Jul 3, 2003

10. Lol. I 'take shots' because I really believe Americans, on average, are pretty ignorant about things in the outside world. It's quite a common perception people have of Americans. On the whole, I'd bet it's a pretty accurate one.

I'm not suprised you have little understanding of how HUGE Maradona was. Sure, people the world over know (and love) MJ and (hate) Tyson, but there is no way in hell those guys and Tiger Woods combined could even come close to arousing the passions of the people like Maradona could. Soccer in some parts of the world, especially South America, is WAY more than just a sport. Check out a Boca v River game to see what I'm talking about. (Argentina's early exit in '02 was a national tragedy.)

#30     Jul 4, 2003