Celebrities - jerks and otherwise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hapaboy, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Diego Maradona. (Probably a bigger name than all those here combined, not that I expect any American to understand that). Thought he was a bit of a dick really. Then again, as has been said, it's obviously ridiculous to expect 'celebreties' to be any different or 'better' than any other person. Really, given the intensity of the focus on their every move, people should be grateful that they aren't a whole lot nastier.

#11     Jun 30, 2003
  2. Sounds like the Halekulani ... ? At some establishments guests pay for the privilege of being assholes. I pay extra to SERVICE PROVIDERS to kiss my behind without regard to my bad attitude, & regardless if I am right or wrong. Your friend likely doesn't realize that taking it from guests is part of his job. He should come to terms with the reality that his 'job' ecompasses more than delivering grits on a tray - or he should quit. The worst he could do is gossip about some fleeting encounter he had with a celebrity customer long after the fact.

#12     Jun 30, 2003
  3. Noone should expect verbal abuse to be part of their job.

I don't buy that people pay for the privelege of being assholes. You either are one or you're not.

You pay extra to certain "service providers" to kiss your behind without regard to your bad attitude & regardless if you're right or wrong? That you believe it takes money to get away with being an asshole proves two things:

1) You are one

2) You have justified Optional's post.

Optional, I apologize - you were right.

#13     Jun 30, 2003
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Yeah the coke head.......I remember him.. Had one of the best shots to goal in soccer history.... A right hander....Go Diego Go..

#14     Jun 30, 2003

5. Yeah he's huge....In columbian cocaine circles...Yeah, he's much bigger then Jordan and Tyson and all the others....You always take shots at America, yet you lurk on our boards... your just angry because soccer sucks, you suck and Diego would be treated no differently then they guys who cut my lawn

#15     Jun 30, 2003
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

I dont know about MJ ( and I include him only because of the marketing behind his name )....But Tyson, hands down Maradona is more famous...Maradona may in fact be more famous than MJ....Trust me soccer is by far the most watched sport in the World, dem boys take their shit serious....

as always this is just my opinion, not fact.....peace

#16     Jun 30, 2003

7. Your on the same drugs...In fact Muhammed Ali is probaly more famous still then all of them...and MJ and Tyson are huge even in Africa villages where they have no tv......tell you what: $$ is money right?...look up the list of the biggest marketing contracts given by Nike, Puma ect....

#17     Jun 30, 2003
  8. ElCubano

ElCubano

More people watch The world cup than any other sport in the history of sports.....that I can almost garauntee 100% ...although Basketball is gaining or gained some major headway overseas, soccer is by far the dominant sport and Maradona at once ( maybe not today ) was considered one of the greatest players of all time..Like I said I cant say for sure but I would be willing to bet on it....peace

#18     Jun 30, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/world/2003-05-08-beckham_x.htm

Beckham is 'worshiped'

"He is the purest sports celebrity in the history of the world," Cashmore says. "Tiger Woods? Michael Jordan? They redefined their sport, and they are respected. But Beckham has transcended that. He is worshiped. His fan base goes far beyond sports; many of them don't even care about football."

Let me put it this way,,, when the player from Colombia scored a goal on his own team, upon his return back to Colombia he was assasinated.....They take this sport very religiously...I have been to a game in Spain and it wasnt like a Sunday football game at Joe Robbie ( thats the name im keeping )....I mean this was freaken Crazy....

#19     Jun 30, 2003
  10. Cubano...$$ is $$$...Nike doesn;t care one way or another....why is Tiger the highest paid? and Jordan? and now labron?

Just becuase it's the highest watched does not make it the most famous...after all, we all watched the superbowl last year but im pretty sure 80% of the people do not know who played Tight End for the bucs.....im sure thes guys are famous but in terms of clebrity they are not even scrathing the suface.....If that many people followed them don;t you think nike would sign them to the highest contract? and genareate huge sales?

#20     Jun 30, 2003