CCI & Eminis

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by increasenow, Aug 31, 2007.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

CCI is the only indicator that I use. However, I use it differently from Woodie. I use it in conjunction with price, and the key is to use it on volume charts. Cci is a momentum indicator and constant volume bars represent pure momentum.

Check out madscalper.com. Paul has a lot of great posts and videos on how to use Cci in conjunction with price.

Depending on the market, the volume bars are different size.

#11     Sep 1, 2007
  2. If I wanted to use some indicator in e-minis it would be CCI for sure. I like it a lot and still use in FX trading.

As for e-minis I simply found price and volume to be enough to trade it successfully and any indicator would just make method unnecessarily more complex.

#12     Sep 2, 2007

3. i agree, paul works with triangles and range contraction is amazing. the guy trades several markets at once on multiple timeframes, its almost surreal how fast he is.

#13     Sep 2, 2007
  4. Many years ago I resolved that the CCI was a bit better oscillator than most, but still would not enter a trade based on it. If used at all would be as a confirmation and filter for price action. Just me.

#14     Sep 2, 2007
  5. I am familiar with the madscalper trading set ups and my only fault with them is the lack of clearly defined times to take trades. The set ups can work good, but it is vague when exactly to use them. The overall rules of the trade are not defined well enough imo.

When I trade, I now exactly when I have a set up and I know to the exact second when I am suppose to enter. I find that when I learned a system that has precision as a part of the trade rules it makes a big impact on the profits.

#15     Sep 2, 2007
  6. I followed madscalper to this site: http://www.woodiescciclub.com/start.htm It rambles on. IS there any PERFORMANCE data here? Has anyone tracked this in their own realtime trading? Testimonials and examples mean little...

#16     Sep 2, 2007
  7. I did some research of this method in the past and I never found anything that was defined enough to write specific rules and then backtest..so the answer is no from what I was able to research.

#17     Sep 2, 2007