CBS Slants Bush Poll in Favor of Democrats

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sputdr, Feb 28, 2006.

1. No media bias whatsoever.

In its classic "fair and balanced" tradition, CBS slanted in favor of Democrats its poll that found Bush has a 34 percent approval rating and a 59 percent disapproval rating, an all-time high for a CBS poll.

On the bottom of the PDF version of the poll (page 18) it says how many Democrats versus Republicans were contacted.

"Total Republicans" contacted: 272 unweighted and 289 weighted.

"Total Democrats" contacted: 409 unweighted and 381 weighted.

"Total Independents" contacted: 337 unweighted and 348 weighted.

2. Imagine that, media bias....

And yet, liaberal scum suckers will take this 'poll' and quote it as being accurate.

Hmmm, The World of Denial belongs here somewhere...

3. Maybe alot of republicans said that they were democrats because they were ashamed that they voted for Bush:D

4. Well, uh... yeah. This is the surprise of the week here in Chit Chat. The Dems are going to have to do more than release slanted polls every other day to regain some seats.

5. LOL, blah,blah,blah, nobody wants to be associated with republicans any more, why do you think the democrats are consistently polling 10% better than republicans in every single generic congressional poll?

Bush's job approval in the previous CBS poll was 42% - absolutely consistent with all other polls. His approval has dropped 8% according to the lastest CBS poll, it has dropped 6% according to Rassmussen and 7% according to Cook/RT Strategies poll - very consistent numbers. Mysterypollster agrees that the results are valid.
    http://www.mysterypollster.com/main/2006/02/ports_cbs_news_.html

Get a clue sput, you're the last bush supporter, please don't forget to turn out the lights.

6. Though the above poster tends to be a complete moron 99% of the time, I have to concede his last point. If the previous poll showed 42%, and was done in the same manner as the latest, where's the disconnect?

Personally, I am a Republican who thinks Bush is a complete jackass.

7. WHAT??? No yawning baby picture following a conservatives post?? Im disappointed in you! Oh, look! I found one. I hope this one's OK. Do you think my yawning baby could get 42% of the vote up against yours? I hope so!
    [​IMG]

8. This info was of course before the Cheney shooting and the UAE port fiasco.

Thursday, February 09, 2006
    By Dana Blanton

June 16, 2005
    NEW YORK — The most recent FOX News poll shows that voters see Democrats as better at handling an array of key issues and gaining public trust on some areas traditionally considered Republican strengths. In addition, more voters think it would be better for the country if Democrats win control of Congress in this year’s election.

The poll finds that by a margin of 42 percent to 34 percent Americans think it would be better if Democrats gain control of Congress this year. Today’s 8-percentage point edge is down from an 11-point edge last month (10-11 Jan 2006).

As would be expected, most Democrats (81 percent) and Republicans (79 percent) want their respective parties to win control. Among independents: 32 percent back the Democrats and 18 percent the Republicans, with a 39 percent plurality saying “neither.”

Opinion Dynamics Corporation conducted the national telephone poll of 900 registered voters for FOX News on February 7-8.

“When we compare these results with those for the presidential races in the same poll, we see Americans seem to be expressing a desire for divided government,” comments Opinion Dynamics CEO John Gorman. “’Checks and balances’ has been a catch phrase in the news in recent weeks and, consciously or unconsciously, the public seems to be leaning toward a Democratic congress to put the breaks on some of the Bush administration policies. If Democrats can nationalize this theme, they have excellent chances in 2006.”

The new poll finds that Democrats have increased their support on several issues, though only claiming the backing of a majority on the single issue of health care. Voters favor Democrats by 23 points as the party that would do a better job on health care, by 20 points on Social Security and 17 points on education — results that may not be all that surprising as these are typically considered “Democrat” issues.

However, Democrats are now seen as the party that would do a better job on taxes (+ 5 points), and voters are about equally likely to pick Democrats on handling Iraq — issues that are traditionally thought of as being in the Republican column. Today, Republicans hold a 2-percentage point advantage on Iraq, down from a 14-point advantage two years ago and 32 points in 2003.

9. Get a clue? I cut and pasted an article.

It's not very disheartening to be insulted by a person who didn't know fetus' actually fed while in the womb.

very sad.

10. Fetus is feeding on its own? That's news to me and that was the context of that discussion. Of course every single cell within a body is "fed" and that includes cells comprising a fetus, muscles, body fat, lungs, tumors, appendix etc. This kind of feeding totally 100% dependent on the body does not make fetus any different from any other body part and does not make abortion any different from removal of the appendix (from medical and criminal not moral perspective of course).

#10     Feb 28, 2006