CBOT mini-Sized Dow Futures Set Record 2nd Time in Week

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by swheat, Jan 16, 2004.

1. swheat

swheat

Anyone here trade YM? How does it compare to ES for liquidity?

CHICAGO, January 16, 2004—The Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT®) today announced that a new daily volume record was set for mini-sized DowSM Jones futures with 91,831 contracts traded January 15, 2004, breaking the previous record of 79,479 contracts traded on January 13, 2004.

CBOT President/CEO Bernard W. Dan said, “Setting two records in the same week is testimonial to the superior functionality of the CBOT’s new electronic trading platform. Our market users are recognizing and benefiting from the system’s speed, functionality and flexibility. Simultaneously, hedgers and speculators are taking advantage of cost savings as a result of capital, margin and operational efficiencies delivered by the Common Clearing Link (CCL) with the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. We know we have a winning combination that is readily apparent to the trading community.”

Electronically traded mini-sized Gold futures also established a new volume record of 3,962 contracts traded on January 15, 2004, breaking the previous record of 2,648 contracts traded on January 7, 2004.

2. Pabst

Pabst

Liquidity is impressive and maybe it's me but I think ECBOT is FASTER than Globex.

3. mark1

mark1 Guest

It's getting better and better

4. Have they implemented any anti-stop-cascading execution logic or at least some limitation on the total net position so that someone can't 'accidentally' clear the book and trigger a death spike?

5. ggg

ggg

Yes. There are no native stops, and limit orders are rejected outside of a certain price range.

6. swheat

swheat

You are talking about their new platform, correct?

CBOT sales pitch of their new trading platform here here: http://www.cbot.com/cbot/pub/page/0,3181,1084,00.html

7. Though this is a digression from the thread topic, does anyone know why agricultural products aren't traded on the electronic market during normal market hours.

I would've figured that they would at least trade the mini agricultural products with the new ecbot release.....are they just trying to keep some form of tradition?