CBOT mini-sized contracts

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Kicking, Feb 14, 2003.

1. ZN on IB. I show it on market depth feature as being very liquid during the day. Moves $15.80 something per tick. Made about 20 daytrades in past 60 that I have been watching it - most over a month ago. It no longer moves "automatically" opposite YM, ES etc. as it seemed to me do back then. I have been told that something has happened on the macro level to explain this change, if it is one, which I do not understand.

Geo.

#11     May 5, 2003
  2. No offence trader5287 but ZN is the big (electronic) contract . Are you sure you know what you trade? You say you do not understand how it moves. Thanks anyway for trying to help.:cool:

#12     May 5, 2003
  3. Oh yes. And I believe that the way I described its movement in April 2003 vis a vis ES/YM is accurate - there were no instances that I recall when all moved in the same direction. Perhaps I missed the question or some other offering that IB has avlb. to trade on ACE.

Sorry if I caused confusion.

Geo.

#13     May 5, 2003
  4. No offence trader5287 but ZN is the big (electronic) contract . Are you sure you know what you trade? You say you do not understand how it moves. Thanks anyway for trying to help.:cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

Kick - Here's your answer. ZN isn't a "big sized contract" in the sense of ES/and the full sized S&P - it's really all there is. There is a socalled mini 10 year YN, 7.30+- a tick, and is junk that I don't think even trades - probably like the 2$ DOW that was killed. Others may know more on this smaller version.

Geo.

#14     May 5, 2003
  5. The ACE bond and 10yr are a great trade. A 10 tick move on a 1 lot is like a 6 handle move in the ES. ES is definitely more dangerous in my opinion.

#15     May 5, 2003
  6. I guess you are right they must have scrapped the minis note and bond because I can't even get quotes for these products on the CBOT site although they still show contract specs. Too bad, I want to take overnight position, ZN is too big.

#16     May 6, 2003
  7. YH (mini bond) is trading , 2-3 32th spread. Now I wonder what would happen if someone takes a position in this contract and they decide to scrap it (4 contracts traded today!)...

#17     May 6, 2003