CBOT Grains -what a joke!!!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by GuyFawkes, Nov 9, 2010.

1. I would love to see the CBOT grains go 23-hours per day trading, just like ES and CL. If so, I'd be delighted to trade them.

Because of their being shut down for half the day, this sort of spoof bidding/offering is easier to do. You don't see that shit in crude or spoos.

Would anyone else prefer a 24-hour grains session?

Another thing. The whole idea of releasing major news reports while the market is closed is plain stupid.

I haven't traded grains in a while, and probably won't until these markets adapt to the times.

Who agrees?

#11     Nov 10, 2010
  2. nope... love the current hours of operation. for every day that's ruined premarket, nineteen others pack all of their movement inside a limited, known window of time

ES and CL are often ruined overnight, and nothing happens pit session those days. no way in hell I'm even remotely interested in sitting thru 12-hr days just to trade

personally, I'd much prefer abolishing overnight for eminis and crude. let it all happen in the pit sessions, then fold up shop and forget about trading & charts until next bells ring

#12     Nov 10, 2010
  3. What kind of idiot makes decisions based on non-executable premarket quotes?

It's whiny bitches like you that ruin these markets - go trade the fucking eurodollars.

#13     Nov 10, 2010
  4. today's ZS trading...

everything prior to 10:30am? irrelevant

sell signal 1318 > stopped 1320 for -2 cents
    buy signal 1320 > trailed out for 1327 +7 cents

+5 cents / +$250 per by 10:54am

done for the day. my kinda work schedule. no need to sit up from 3am et and waste my whole life staring at meaningless bars on a chart. 10:30am thru 2:15pm workday is heaven sent :)

#14     Nov 10, 2010
  5. smalls

smalls

hours are fine. as others have said, overnight is junk anyway.

#15     Nov 10, 2010

6. Tell me -how exactly am I ruining the market?

Keep on going with the insults big man, if it makes you feel good about yourself then knock yourself out.

Isn't it amazing how brave people get behind their computer screens...

#16     Nov 10, 2010
  7. Because you are implying that the exchange or traders are somehow culpable in distorting an efficient market to your detriment. Your answer is excessive regulation and Monday morning quarterbacking.

Why do I feel like we wouldn't be having this conversation if you were long your 1 lot of mini-corn and it stayed limit bid all day?

#17     Nov 11, 2010
  8. Shagi

Shagi

Thats what you get and think of when gambling on price fluctuations.

#18     Nov 11, 2010
  9. heech

heech

Agree 10000% percent. This is especially relevant when the US grain contracts are no longer dominated by US domestic news. I mean, clearly with the huge volume being traded in Chinese futures exchanges (not to mention India/Russia), there's a LOT of relevant news in the "overnight" session. Anything that expands trading hours is a good idea, IMO.

You know what I find interesting... the grains have decent liquidity in the options, even overnight. Crude, on the other hand, has none.

#19     Nov 12, 2010
  10. +10 cents off the short side before 11am, +20 cents more available on the sell side from noon thru 12:30pm

anyone who trades anything in any aspect at all is gambling on price fluctuations... including the farmers who hedged at 9+ cents this year.

Grain markets are perfect they way there are... no need to change a thing :cool:

#20     Nov 12, 2010