CBOE SPX feed into IB?

Discussion in 'Options' started by TskTsk, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TskTsk

TskTsk

On the CBOE website it says the SPX index has pretty high options volumes, not sure if this is right but on IB I see no volume or no market makers (bid ask) for the CBOE SPX options? What am I doing wrong? The contract Im looking at is "SPX Jun'12 @GLOBEX" on IB.

2. just21

just21

SPX is still on the floor so the quotes you see are indicative. You will get filled at much better prices than you see on the screen. Weekly spx is electronic so prices will be narrower.

3. just21

just21

I got quotes in optiontrader for spx jun 14th. 4000 lots in one strike.

4. TskTsk

TskTsk

Thanks for the reply, yeah I figured that was the problem. Anyways no big deal

5. GLOBEX is the CME not the CBOE.

You have to pick SMART(CBOE) to see the CBOE SPX option quotes.

6. TskTsk

TskTsk

Yeah, I write in "SPX", then click SPX->Futures->Jun->2012, and in the contract selection window I only see CME and GLOBEX as the options, no CBOE.

Maybe I'm missing a data feed subscription?

7. ddouglas

ddouglas

Index, not future.

8. When I enter SPX I get two options choice - futures options and options. I assume options give me the index options.

9. CBOE trades index options, not futures options (that's globex at the CME). go to the options trader, type in spx, and choose index

10. Thanks I was looking wrong options. Now how do I get index value? I need that to select option prices

#10     Apr 27, 2012