CBOE new open-outcry hours

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by DGMan, Apr 9, 2013.

1. DGMan

DGMan

Hi all,

Has the open-outcry hours for CBOE grains been advanced by 1 hour from 9:30am to 8:30am Chicago time? I asked this question because the volumes of ZW and ZC at 8:30am last morning were not particularly high and there were spikes in volumes for both two grains at 9:30am, as if (to me) the regular trading would begin at 9:30am ...

2. DGMan

DGMan

3. Je ne sais pas pourquoi.

I do not look at volume. All I know is that the new hours are pos.

4. I've noticed this too. In fact I found this thread and registered on the site just to comment lol. Going back at least 2 weeks it's pretty obvious that something happens at 7:30 AM PST almost every day. Today for example, there were less than 100 contracts traded per 1 min. candle for the 2 minutes prior to 7:30, and then bam, during the 7:30 candle there are 1900 contracts traded. This is a report-type move, so clearly something is going on. It's not the market open, that's an hour earlier, and there is nothing on the USDA sites. It's often the highest volume period of the day too....I would think if you trade ag contracts, you'd want to know what's going on there....