CBOE Down

Discussion in 'Options' started by FSU, Apr 25, 2013.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

Lesson learned stay away from single listed products.

ps Elitetrader was down yesterday.

#21     Apr 25, 2013
  2. FSU

FSU

Does this mean we should stay away from single listed message boards?

#22     Apr 25, 2013
  3. dealmaker

dealmaker

Hahaha, it means we are lucky they are not both down on the same day.

#23     Apr 25, 2013
  4. The horror. The horror.

#24     Apr 25, 2013
  5. ktm

ktm

CME seemed to be up the whole time. SPX contracts coulda laid off some risk over in ES.

#25     Apr 25, 2013
  6. 125mph

125mph

Nice, I only lost a few thousand cause I couldnt trade my SPXW early in the morning...

The site mentioned "The CBOE will allow 1 1/2 quote width relief floor wide."

What does 1 1/2 quote width relief mean?

#26     Apr 25, 2013
  7. Lame:

We regret the systems outage that delayed today’s opening of CBOE. We have isolated the software
    issue that caused the problem and have made the necessary adjustments for a normal opening
    tomorrow.
    We are also conducting an ongoing and thorough internal review of the software problem to prevent
    something like this from happening again. Moreover, we determined that today’s issue was in no way
    related to a cyber-attack.
    We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and we look forward to a normal opening
    tomorrow.

I still want to know where their backup systems were, and if they even have such a thing. On the evidence, nope.

#27     Apr 25, 2013
  8. Oh I dunno if it's that lame. At least they fessed up it was their fault and didn't blame it on the terrists.

#28     Apr 25, 2013
  9. toolazy

toolazy

warning shot. next time exchange will be down just before flash spike in either direction and will come back at extreme point and all your stop orders or margin calls will be executed there
    :D

that s why i prefer forex and play stock index moves via fx risk on/off.

#29     Apr 25, 2013
  10. gkishot

gkishot

When exchange is down all prices are frozen, no movement in any direction.

#30     Apr 25, 2013