CBOE Down

Discussion in 'Options' started by FSU, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Oops, they finally did send something out about 15 mins ago:

Trading status update: http://stks.co/fSuL

Following the link gets you to the systems status page. Wotta buncha tools.

#11     Apr 25, 2013
  2. tom_czr

tom_czr

Very nice, CBOE not working. Exactly as u said. There is no public information in media about it... :-/

Only here on ET there is thread about it. Everywhere else it seems like everything is OK... lol

#12     Apr 25, 2013
  3. FSU

FSU

Over 2 hours now, no updates from the cboe when they will be up. Currently have postions in the SPX weelkies that expire tomorrow that I can't trade.

#13     Apr 25, 2013
  4. ellevers

ellevers

Hearing they will be down the rest of the day.

#14     Apr 25, 2013
  5. ellevers

ellevers

Sorry Got bad info. They still could open today.

#15     Apr 25, 2013
  6. 125mph

125mph

Nice.. I'm stick in SPX contracts that I wanted to trade at the open but unable to trade.. now owe a lot of money since its been ticking up.

#16     Apr 25, 2013
  7. Me too.
    Imagine if this were monthly expiration day for VIX or SPX. These guys are beyond belief.

#17     Apr 25, 2013
  8. Everything's working.
    Good thing not much was going on today re VIX. SPX was more annoying, but fortunately I was well hedged there. Still, this is very scary. Where were their backup systems? Do they even HAVE backup systems?

#19     Apr 25, 2013
  9. Imagine trying to close or roll a position in weekly SPX or OEX options on a big down day and the exchange is down.

Job #1 in trading is managing risk. There's only 1 way to manage this risk and that's to avoid these single exchange vehicles.

#20     Apr 25, 2013