CBOE Down no trading

Discussion in 'Options' started by roncer, Nov 12, 2006.

1. roncer

roncer

Did any body else out there get stuck Friday with no trading at the CBOE. I use IB and was unable to trade from 1:00PM ET into the close. I am curious if this was really CBOE down and unable or maybe it was IB unable? Comments appreciated.

2. I made two trades on Friday but both were in the AM...the last trade just before 1pm ET..SPX on the CBOE

3. I can't imagine the CBOE was down. They ahve more redundancy to insure against going down than you can imagine. NASA wishes they were as clean. I would be willing to bet anything it was IB. I had problems with them before on this.

Try thinkorswim. If they are down it is because the CBOE is down.
    Thank you
    Linda:D :D

4. roncer

roncer

Linda.....did you make any trades Friday afternoon? They really left me hanging on this one.

Thanks,
    Ron

5. jim c

jim c

6. Maybe that's why I wasn't filled. :confused:

7. roncer

roncer

Jim C...............Thanks a lot. I don't want to change brokers unless I have too.

Ron

8. def

def Sponsor

time to pay up linda...

"NEW YORK — Electronic trading at the Chicago Board Options Exchange was interrupted around midday Friday, resulting in a slow trading day on the biggest options exchange.

In a statement, the exchange said electronic trading was unavailable as of 12:10 pm EST. No explanation for the outage was provided."

9. ...and I thought she knew everything.

10. Fer crissakes if there is anything wrong ANYWHERE, IB did it... :p

IB is a great broker, give 'em a break.

Or just use another broker and STFU.

#10     Nov 13, 2006