CBOE/CBSX prop firms?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by nytrader888, Sep 10, 2009.

1. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

no licenses required so long as there are no markups and no deposits.

See firms like Keystone, Velez, T3

#21     Sep 28, 2009
  2. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

Maybe you can supply a phone number and the person you talked to for us.

Thank You,

GT

#22     Sep 29, 2009
  3. NYC212

NYC212

assume this does place, would those firms are with the CBOE (clean u4, but no series 7) then require the series 7?

or maybe the 55 or 63 or all 3? (7,55,63?)

#23     Sep 29, 2009
  4. Steve Slawinski is in charge of the regulatory aspects of the cbsx. You can find all the cbsx contact info on the cbsx contact page. You must ask them specifically about this as for obvious reasons they do not want to turn away new members.

#24     Sep 30, 2009

5. any info on Dimension? a website or a phone number?

#25     Oct 8, 2009
  6. NYC212

NYC212

Don, instead of push for this to pass, why not just switch bright trading over to a CBOE firm?

the series 7 is a big hassle and a barrier to entry. Not that the test is hard, but it takes a good few weeks or a month to study for. you could have more traders if you didnt have to pass the S7

#26     Oct 8, 2009
  7. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

The 7 is not that hard.

#27     Oct 8, 2009
  8. sure it's not that hard but it's a bit ch

#28     Oct 9, 2009
  9. That's one of my main points..we could simply buy a CBOE membership (we've had one before)...but when we asked specifically about the upcoming licensing requirements. No one would tell us for sure.

Heck, I could probably add a few hundred traders from a retail connection I have in a very short period of time by setting up another Firm. But, I just don't see it staying "as is" - for any length of time.

I have found over the years, that we tend to get a better group of traders, not that the series 7 helps trading, it's just that we don't get the "let's try trading, see what happens" group like we did when no license was required.

We'll see how it pans out....no biggee either way.

Don

#29     Oct 9, 2009
  10. gtgtgt3

gtgtgt3

Don,

Are you backing off this statement? Seems like you were pretty confident and now you say "We'll see how it pans out....no biggee either way."

GT

#30     Oct 9, 2009