CBO: ObamaCare Will Cost Economy 800,000 Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 10, 2011.

1. do we need old sick people working just for insurance when we have 10% unemployment?

#31     Feb 10, 2011
  2. Are you implying old sick incompetent people are taking up space that rightfully belong to the unemployed?

Consider the fact that they may be unemployed for a REASON.

Besides how young should people retire and who's supposed to provide for them the rest of their lives.

What are they supposed to do when this set of promises by politicians magically fails to materialize?

#32     Feb 10, 2011
  3. we need to gather in front of the white house and chant "Obama leave the office or we will get you"

And we will continue yelling for 17 days but he won't do anything and police will send tear gas on us and choppers will hover on us but we won't budge

After several weeks, he will leave the office and enjoy his $70BN stashed in some account in Cayman Islands

Come on let's do it

:D

#33     Feb 10, 2011
  4. Yannis

Yannis

Obama Care Highlighted by Page Number

THIS IS THE 2ND OFFICIAL WHO HAS OUTLINED THESE PARTS OF THE CARE BILL

Judge Kithil of Marble Falls , TX - HB3200 highlighted pages most egregious:

** Page 50/section 152: The bill will provide insurance to all non-U.S. residents, even if they are here illegally.

** Page 58 and 59: The government will have real-time access to an individual's bank account and will have the authority to make electronic fund transfers from those accounts.

** Page 65/section 164: The plan will be subsidized (by the government) for all union members, union retirees and for community organizations (such as the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now - ACORN).

** Page 203/line 14-15: The tax imposed under this section will not be treated as a tax. (How could anybody in their right mind come up with that?)

** Page 241 and 253: Doctors will all be paid the same regardless of specialty, and the government will set all doctors' fees.

** Page 272. section 1145: Cancer hospitals will ration care according to the patient's age.

** Page 317 and 321: The government will impose a prohibition on hospital expansion; however, communities may petition for an exception.

** Page 425, line 4-12: The government mandates advance-care planning consultations. Those on Social Security will be required to attend an "end-of-life planning" seminar every five years. (Death counseling..)

** Page 429, line 13-25: The government will specify which doctors can write an end-of-life order.

HAD ENOUGH???? Judge Kithil then goes on:

"Finally, it is specifically stated that this bill will not apply to members of Congress. Members of Congress are already exempt from the Social Security system, and have a well-funded private plan that covers their retirement needs. If they were on our Social Security plan, I believe they would find a very quick 'fix' to make the plan financially sound for their future."

:(

#34     Feb 16, 2011
  5. Unbelievable we've had 2 revolutions for much less.

#35     Feb 16, 2011
  6. 377OHMS

377OHMS

jeezus

This entire administration is one huge con game. I hope this whole thing dies in the supreme court and adminstration officials are charged with contempt for ignoring the order to stop implementing.

#36     Feb 16, 2011
  7. This is great news...not.

I can't believe what I'm reading. Calling it dumb and dumber would be a compliment.

#37     Feb 16, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Its unbelievable isn't it?

If I were a med student I would simply opt out of the system and open a cash practice like my own doctor. He accepts no insurance of any kind. Some of the best doctors in the world are in Bethesda, Maryland and many of them don't take insurance.

There will be an entire upper-tier of healthcare accessible only with cash.

#38     Feb 16, 2011