CBO: ObamaCare Will Cost Economy 800,000 Jobs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Feb 10, 2011.

1. chartman

chartman

We will have the same number of doctors just more people being able to obtain care. There is nothing wrong with educating more doctors to care for those that have not been receiving medical care. Something called supply and demand.

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. chartman

chartman

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from misterno:

More Americans are failing to fill prescriptions because of the economic downturn, according to market research.

Prescription-drug sales are usually immune to the economy's ups and downs, but the data, released Tuesday by health-information company Wolters Kluwer Health, indicate that the current recession is having an unusually negative impact.

"If you talk to heads of pharmaceutical companies, I don't think they'd say they're immune from recessions right now," said Mark Spiers, who heads Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions, the company's health-care data and analytics unit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a sorry state of affairs for our economy when sick people has to chose between medicine and food. And even more pitiful when sick people can not afford medical care in the richest nation on the face of the earth.

#12     Feb 10, 2011
  3. Hello

Hello

Unfortunately that choice is REALITY we cant live in fairy tale land where everyone get something for nothing. So the option which is currently out there right now is an option of choosing between a JOB or free healthcare.

Obamacare did nothing to fix that choice for people, infact it made it even worse. Atleast these people had a job before Obamacare, now they have nothing, and they are permanently on the government tit.

You want to fix your situation, work your ass off and do something about it, that solution existed before, and it exists now. All we are doing with obamacare is shifting entitlements, and pretending to fix a problem. I truly wish that everyone could have all they desire in life, but that is just not reality, you can not work for 6 bucks an hour and expect to live in an 800k house, with no worries.

#13     Feb 10, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

From what I hear and read many doctors are going to retire because of Obamacare. Many have already stopped accepting new Medicare patients because the government won't pay enough so they can turn a decent profit. Also, there will be a swarm of doctor visits and procedures just because people can.

Hence, shortage of doctors and eventual rationing.

#14     Feb 10, 2011
  5. fox just makes shit up and the usual suspects swallow it whole.

Fox trumpets misleading GOP report on health care reform effects
    Promoting a report published by Republican senators Tom Coburn (OK) and John Barrasso (WY), Fox News forwarded the false claims that the health care reform law "will kill 800,000 jobs - perhaps more" and "8 in 10 small businesses could lose their health care plans." Health care experts have said Fox's claims are misleading or "just plain wrong."

Fox News pushes GOP claim that health care reform "will kill 800,000 jobs"
    Kelly: Republican senators "say the law will kill 800,000 jobs - perhaps more." During the October 26 edition of Fox News' America Live, host Megyn Kelly reported on a "dire diagnosis by two Republican senators who are also doctors on the impact of the new health care law." Kelly noted that "they say the law will kill 800,000 jobs - perhaps more."

Bolling: "They estimate 800,000 jobs we are going to lose." Fox Business host Eric Bolling appeared on America Live to discuss the Republican senators' report. He said, "I agree with them and these are doctors. They are Republican senators but they are doctors." Bolling also noted, "They estimate 800,000 jobs we are going to lose because of what they found in the 3,200 pages."

In fact, workers will choose to reduce their hours
    GOP report cites CBO, which said health care reform will "reduc[e] the amount of labor that workers choose to supply" by "a small amount." In their report, Coburn and Barasso claimed that health care reform will lead to "hundreds of thousands of jobs being lost." They cited the following statement from a recent Congressional Budget Office report:

The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the legislation, on net, will reduce the amount of labor used in the economy by a small amount--roughly half a percent--primarily by reducing the amount of labor that workers choose to supply.

According to Barasso and Coburn, "roughly half a percent" of the labor used in the economy "is more than 788,470 employees."

CBO: People will work less because health care reform provisions increase their "financial resources."
    http://mediamatters.org/iphone/research/201010280006

#15     Feb 10, 2011
  6. Hello

Hello

You bitch about fox, yet you use "media matters" as your barometer of truth......

You supposedly owned a business but you think that drastically increasing the cost of employing people will somehow mysteriously not have any effect on the number of people who are employed.....

Gee....... for someone who is supposedly "more intelligent," and a "free thinker," you sure seem alot like a left wing douche, who has no idea how the real world works.

#16     Feb 10, 2011
  7. I fail to see how encouraging people to be slothful (working less)is a good thing.

explain that to me

#17     Feb 10, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

It seems some moron that I have on ignore is misreading the title of this thread, not visiting the confirmation link and is mistaking the CBO for the GOP. The CBO is the Congressional Budget Office which is the impartial arm of the Congress that publishes cost evaluations for the bills before the Senate and House. The person making the statement that Obamacare would cost 800,000 jobs was the CBO Director at a Senate hearing today. The Director confirmed the number. Not the GOP.

#18     Feb 10, 2011
  9. I work in the healthcare field and I certainly can assure you that I don't plan to work MORE as a result of obamacare.

Well unless unbridled demand raises the reimbursement rate which is exactly what the obamabots imply won't happen.

#19     Feb 10, 2011
  10. i think i hear a fox news parrot making noise. too bad parrots can only make noise but cant read.

#20     Feb 10, 2011