Cause & Effect Trading! Cause & Effect Methods of Analysis!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by AlexMill, Jun 2, 2018.

Are you losing money in the market?

1. Yes! I feel like an asshole!

2. No! I am a successful and rich trader!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. AlexMill

AlexMill

I'm tired of losing money on Forex!
    [​IMG]
    I have no savings left and I have problems in my family.

I'm tired of using technical indicators and moving averages, fundamental news, patterns and levels of support and resistance, trend following, market profile, volume analysis, COT reports, options analysis! Everything Sucks!

Now I'm trying to understand and use cause and effect methods like Volume Spread Analysis and Locked-in Range Analysis. And I understand again that I did everything wrong before. I understand that I was a Lucky-trader.

I like cause and effect trading and want to try it.
    Do you know Cause & Effect Trading Strategies?

2. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

You said you lost your money but you also say you are a lucky trader... this does not make sense to me.
    In regards to your post on spread analysis: what's losing you money is not your trading analysis but your risk management. With optimal risk management, buying/selling at random points should give you an expected value of zero minus commission and spread. So I think you should work on risk management before you venture into a basic strategy like volume spread

777 and SimpleMeLike like this.
  3. Hello ,

Whatever you do next make sure don't leave sim or paper trading until you making consistent money. Don't trade real money til you ready.

syntaxfx, CSEtrader and Xela like this.
  4. Xela

Xela

Call me a skepchick, but the expression "Lucky-trader" with the unnecessary capital L and the hyphen appears in exactly the same way in at least two other forums in which people have posted apparently to try to promote Tom Leksey's book on "locked in range trading".

I don't know what "cause and effect trading" is supposed to mean, or what characteristics there are about VSA and this "locked in range trading" that put them in that category of trading methods (if indeed it is a category of trading methods) and neither, apparently, does anyone else in the other forums in which this stuff has been posted.

I'm "just saying". :confused:

VPhantom, syntaxfx, Simples and 6 others like this.
  5. AlexMill

AlexMill

Yes! Its me! Cause I try to find useless advises from forum participants and get a help. But I just get "Call me a skepchick... Call me a skepchick..." Stop calling and share the helpful method to make money in the markets!

6. AlexMill

AlexMill

Means my entries didn't have the real causes for price movements and that were just "Lucky" trades

7. Markets are efficient random and UNPREDICTABLE. start with that

8. TheBigShort

TheBigShort

Random does not mean unpredictable. Flipping a coin is random however after 1000 flips I know I will have roughly 500 heads. Start with that

9. Handle123

Handle123

Here is what is true, if I told you my entries/risk management and you understood them would tell me you are a vendor trying to get good ideas to sell cause most vendors are worthless. And if you just lazy and won't get off your ass to spend 2-4 years self learning and much backtesting, I won't help you. How bout drawing a map on that?

Simples, CSEtrader and Lukas V like this.
  10. Lukas V

Lukas V

Question: if you can't make simple, straightforward things that work for other people work for you, why do you imagine you'll do better with things so complicated and obscure that wherever you ask about them on the web, nobody knows what you're talking about?

What's "cause and effect trading"?

What's "locked in range analysis"?

I've been trading professionally for decades and have never heard of them.

Do you think that "back to basics" or "back to the drawing board" might be more helpful to you?

I do.

#10     Jun 2, 2018
    Xela, CSEtrader and Handle123 like this.