caught short wheat

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by nightguil, Feb 8, 2008.

1. nightguil

nightguil

Hi to everyone, I have a question regarding the march wheat contract...i am short (like a fool) and was wondering how a person can get out if the futures were locked limit up all the way through march experation? if they opened up the limit everyday then expired how could you ever cover your short position? And if the march contract options expire tomorrow, how could you hedge it? Thanks for anyones help...

2. excercise it using options man how many contracts you got?? Im sorry that you are trapped that is awful

3. nightguil

nightguil

5 contracts, how do you do exercise it using options? Thanks

4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Sorry to hear that you have your account overleveraged. It's best to correctly position size and then limit moves are no big deal. The Wheat market will not lock every day through the third week of March I shouldn't think, By buying in the money call options, you will be presented with a long position at option expiry that will offset the short contracts. Thank you for your time.

5. nightguil

nightguil

I am of the understanding that the march options expire before the march futures contracts do?

6. ya third friday ithink? correct if wrong, id get out now if i was you barring a bearish crop report tomm it's gonna have a hard time slowing down. good luck man

7. Mercor

Mercor

Wheat traded both sides every day session and every overnight session. Never has it been locked limit the whole session.

Do you have open orders 24 hours, to buy at the market?

You are only stuck because you have chosen not to get flat.

Either you are planing to ride this untill it turns or your positions are imaginary.

8. Shagi

Shagi

There was a chance to get out yesterday but today wow its up 30cents. no tickie

9. Mercor

Mercor

It did trade this evening...range 10.79-10.93

Could have bought the open.