Cattle market : Futures arb

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Midas, Mar 17, 2009.

1. No...when I said 2 months out from the "FC month"...I meant Feeder Cattle. So basically if you bought the March Feeders, you'd look to also buy the May Corn, and sell the Auggie fats

Lots of Ag Spreads out there...go to the CME site...look under SPAN or performance margin, and you can get lists of reduced margin amount on the different types of spreads...the list also includes the ratios the credits are given on, but a lot of guys "skew" different spreads based on bias in the individual underlyings.

#11     Mar 19, 2009
  2. Midas I will give you a start on a lady that is extremely knowledgable on cattle arb. She is a right wing whacko, but very smart. Here is the site. barnhardt.biz

If you wanna go straight to the source, this guy right here is a literal genius. He's made a lot of people very wealthy by teaching his methods. www.stockmanship.com

#12     Mar 19, 2009
  3. I have to say, I came across this thread by accident. But, wow, glad I did! Learned something. Got me curious about cattle now. Thank you, TraderTX, and others as well. Always appreciate an education! :)

Hope you all have a profitable quarter now.

#13     May 4, 2009