CATO: GOP as Bad as Dems on Spending

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Yannis

Yannis

I don't really give a hoot about Keysian economics, I rarely comemnt on it, being a devoted supply sider myself.

W created almost 3 million jobs in his first term despite tech bubble, 9/11, and two wars, a very good track record. After losing the congress to the Dems in 2006, his influence diminished and job growth turned to negative in 2008. Yet, this was nothing like the disaster this guy we have now is cooking for all of us. Some job growth but at what cost? He's essentially buying jobs with his failed stimulus plans and similar misguided extravagances. That's what the Greeks did and a similar economic cliff is staring us in the face... Oh well.

#51     Apr 10, 2012
  2. Yannis

Yannis

#52     Apr 10, 2012
  3. Brass

Brass

Yeah, I don't want to go down that rabbit hole again as I'm sure you don't either. You will not agree when I say that supply side doesn't work, has never worked in real life and that most people without an ideological horse in the race fairly agree:

http://www.slate.com/articles/busin...x_cuts_ever_increase_government_revenues.html

So let's agree to disagree because the alternative is:

[​IMG]

#53     Apr 10, 2012
  4. Yannis

Yannis

From slate.com? That's a leftist magazine owned by Washington Post, managed by Alderman who wrote, among others, for Newsweek. Surely you jest! :)

#54     Apr 10, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

Skip the editorial commentary, if any. Just consider the cited historical facts and then draw your own conclusions.

Also, don't forget that Ayn Rander and Bubbler-In-Chief, Republican Alan Greenspan admitted that tax cuts don't pay for themselves. Listen to him say it at the end of this brief and informative video:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CgpOmkHZxQU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And when you're finished, for comic relief, read the next post and see what Max has to say about Keynesian economics even though he couldn't identify full and proper Keynesian fiscal policy in a lineup:

#55     Apr 10, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

See thats the funny thing these supporters of keynesian economics are so brain washed that they believe the way to avoid going into default is to simply spend more money, it defies logic. Thats the reason we are doomed to fail if Obama holds onto office.

Most three year olds could tell you that what these lefties are proposing is not possible. Thats the reason why there really isnt much of a point in talking to them, they have been far to brain washed by the so called "smartest guys in the room" into thinking that the government actually creates wealth, and prosperity.

Pretty much every single country in the G7 is now on the verge of bankruptcy due to keynesian economics, but if we just give it a couple more rounds of stimulus, its bound to work this time, the reason it failed so miserably is because we just didnt spend enough.... The reason the lefties love it is because it gives them an excuse to just keep spending more and more money, and then thats the excuse when it fails "well we simply didnt go far enough."

We are only 2 or 3 more rounds of quantitative easing and another couple trillion of stimulus away from this economy really taking off, trust them! :D

#56     Apr 10, 2012
  7. Yannis

Yannis

:) :) :)

#57     Apr 10, 2012