Cathy's Chimp Charts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bobcathy1, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (I have been fiddling around with moving averages for about 9 months. I started with Elder's method, moved to Don Miller's, then Jea Yu and now the Chimp)

How long have you been on the Chimp?

#51     Dec 4, 2002
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

How long?
    One week.

#52     Dec 4, 2002
  3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Doing the trades this morning, I noticed I would have made more money if I traded both long and short instead of just the downward trend indicated by the 13 min MAs and the shorts the Pivot Point indicates on the 13 min chart.
    Right now we are having a wonderful rally spike that according to the method is not to be traded.

Tweaking is in order!
    From now on I will do both sides when the stochastic cross is favoring long or short.

5 points is nothing to sneeze at.....but if I can make more:D

#53     Dec 4, 2002
  4. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

chart for weds morning.

1. Faded the gap at the cross
    2. Exited the gap fade....made 1/2

Forgot to number this, but at the spike after the announcement, I went short as it went down and got out just before the cross....made 1 1/2

3. Went short after the cross
    4. Exited because the stochastic crossed....made 3 1/2
    5. went short again
    6. exited quickly when it touched the 13 minute trend line and the stochastic crossed....made 1/4

Not bad morning....5 1/4 points up.
    The morning was messy because of the announcements, so I picked my times and did short trades before it. Did not want to get caught with a position.

#54     Dec 4, 2002
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

This is the 13 minute chart I have sitting in the corner with the pivot points on it and the volume.

#55     Dec 4, 2002
  6. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

This is another tweak I plan on instituting.

I was following the plan and stopped trading at 11:00
    But this lunchtime trade is very nice to be in most days.
    I think I am going to put a slim fast bar next to my computer when I set up at 7am.....and trade through lunch until 1:00.

TWEAKS SO FAR
    1. Trade through lunchtime.....9-1
    2. Trade both sides of the cross when the stochastics confirm it.
    3. Ignore pivot points....they seem useless?
    4. Put in highs and lows from the day before instead.

#56     Dec 4, 2002
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you add stochastics to mix, though, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the "chimp" trade?

--Db

#57     Dec 4, 2002
  8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

No, not at all. The author of the Chimpanzee Cross uses slow stochastics. And candlesticks, and everything else that is on that chart. If you read the other 38 pages, you will see he mixes this method with a lot of other stuff too. Like fading the gap, and fading the spikes:)

#58     Dec 4, 2002
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Must be a smart chimp.

--Db

#59     Dec 4, 2002
  10. Ditch

Ditch

Cathy,
    you might consider trading on the basis of the slope of the Ma's, Ma's change their slope wll before the crossover takes place, so this might save/gain you several points per trade

#60     Dec 4, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.