Cathy's Chimp Charts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by bobcathy1, Dec 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Longshot....no, I use TradeStation. I do not know how that one works.

#21     Dec 3, 2002
  2. oh got it thanks Cathy. I am an old fashioned SMA trader so the dynamics of the ema are fairly new to me. Thanks again!

:)

#22     Dec 3, 2002
  3. You can have 3 MAs in SC. Even 4, one comes with BBs. Go to Analysis, Studies, then choose MAs.

#23     Dec 3, 2002
  4. wally, i know that but what wanted to know is how do you overlay 5ma and 15ma of the closing price of 13min bars on a 1 minute chart??

but i'll just use 65ma & 195 ma's

#24     Dec 3, 2002
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Yes, that is what I do too! I did not realize that the answer was the same.

#25     Dec 3, 2002
  6. mktman

mktman

Is the chimp method limited to futures only no stocks?

#26     Dec 3, 2002
  7. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

only ETFs like SPY and QQQ would work I think
    but not individual stocks or sector ETFs.:cool:

#27     Dec 3, 2002
  8. rrs456

rrs456

Hi Cathy,

I have been following your postings on this and the simplicity threads. I will be grateful if you can answer some of my questions.

1) I read the article on the Chimp Cross method posted at Ethinos site. In the third paragraph the author mentions "13min 3pb". What is "13min 3pb ?"

2) In your explanation of the method you state "I overlay the 13 minute moving averages on the chart...." ( I am a TradeStation 6 user). Am I correct in assuming that to get 13 min moving averages (13 min 5 period MA and 15 period MA) on a 1 min chart I need to insert two more moving average indicators -- one with a "length" of 65 and the other with a length of 195 ?

I recently became a TradeStation user, and I am trying to get up to speed on the use of the software. I hope you don't mind answering rather simple questions. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Rama.

#28     Dec 3, 2002
  9. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Rama,
    I also do not know what a "pb" is.
    Does anyone else know?
    And yes, just put in 4 EMAs....5,15,65,195.....exponential moving averages. Though I am sure simple moving averages would be fine too.

Cathy

#29     Dec 3, 2002
  10. Well, this is gonna be interesting. Taking MA crossovers in the direction of the longer timeframe trend... I went broke papertrading this... Enthios says it's profitable. From my testing, I disagree. Of course I tested strictly according to the rules. Maybe you will apply some discretionary mumbo jumbo and it will magically work, I dunno. We'll see eh:)

#30     Dec 3, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.