Cathy Woods - ARK Investment

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brass_trader, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I think she is using weakness to build initial positions and then she is balancing those positions.
    That's why you saw her sell TSLA when it was on a roll. Sell high, buy low.

#31     Oct 17, 2021
  2. Boom

#32     Oct 19, 2021
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Think again!
    https://www.yahoo.com/now/cathie-wood-ark-dumps-3-031239383.html

Cathie Wood’s exchange-traded funds sold 3.9 million shares in Zillow Group Inc. on Wednesday as the stock’s rout deepened -- a day after buying 288,813 of the securities.

New "paradigm" buy high sell low.

#33     Nov 5, 2021
  4. 777

Cathie swiftly cut her position as new news she thought was unfavorable to the company surfaced.

She did the same in China before a continuing serious slide in prices happened.

Cathie has a reputation as having good stock opinions at every firm she has been at, for decades.

She has been quick to disseminate reasons for various market moves for feedback, and this allows you to evaluate her ideas.

#34     Nov 5, 2021
    Arnie likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

ARKK, her flagship fund, is trading right below the yearly midrange and -3.55% down from the yearly open and even "better" -22.86% below the yearly high in Feb.

While obviously all the major indexes are setting record high after record high.
    Parcells.png

#35     Nov 5, 2021
  6. 777

You should not play short-term results, but rather build a rational thesis.

She does not play by the year, nor do others like Buffett.

If you really think one year of under performance by an active manager, taken by itself, means much, you are wrong. I literally mean that this would be incorrect thinking.

I will not go back and forth over this idea. However, if your post is more than a funny meme, I am giving you a chance to research and learn.

Best wishes. Some of your other posts are savvy.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
    #36     Nov 5, 2021
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

13.98%
    -2.82%
    90.38%
    15.12%
    13.07%
    163.56%
    -8.19% to date

!TSLA returns.png
    an average of 40.7% or (after removing outlier 163.56%) 17.4% and (other outlier 90.38%) a puny 4.5%, which obviously is about one tenth.

She would have done well managing her clients money, during but not once, the dotbomb era imploded. Difference this time she no longer is doing well while the overall market is.

Now your research please showing otherwise. Not bio. That is all well and good. Performance is what matters.

#37     Nov 5, 2021
  8. 777

Nothing you wrote here helps your case-- means anything. If you like, re-read my post.

Regardless, good luck.

#38     Nov 5, 2021
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

Uh no you are the one who needs to reread.

Have fun.

#39     Nov 5, 2021
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What’s her return compared to the nasdaq?

#40     Nov 5, 2021