Cathy Woods - ARK Investment

Discussion in 'Trading' started by brass_trader, Oct 9, 2021.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Bears gotta eat ... dow futs down :D

#21     Oct 10, 2021
    themickey likes this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Yes, I noticed that, since I am down 770 points on the thing.

This is not a fist bump, but rather a punch into your smiley face. :fistbump:

#22     Oct 10, 2021
    themickey likes this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Wait'll you see next week's massive selloff.... back at ya lol. (x_x)

#23     Oct 10, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Indeed. Guess you gotta' fatten up for your winter slumber, when you have to hibernate into the Q4 earnings cave. Go ahead, eat well.

#24     Oct 10, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. Most of her positions will recover , it happens all the time< sold AAPL at $18 , sold $PCLN at 9
    sold MELI at loss of $14, all you need to have is VISION and common sense, UBER is here to stay right? , Robinhood is another one and many more....

#25     Oct 10, 2021
    vanzandt likes this.
  6. nitrene

nitrene

I wonder why no one floats an ETF/MF that just rotates among the momentum sectors/stocks? It would seem to work at least in this market. Of course with so much trading it would work better in an IRA vs. taxable account.

I only watch the market a few hours a day and its clear that the bond yields & USD dictate short term movements.

#26     Oct 11, 2021
  7. there are... MTUM, QMOM, etc.

#27     Oct 14, 2021
    cobco, nitrene and xandman like this.
  8. I'm well aware of their success and as close as to perfection one can have but in the end it was a failure needing billions in a bailout. Back in my college days, long ago, I did a paper on these guys for my derivatives course. We agree they used leverage as their whole model was based on it. It was mean reversion betting and when the Russia ruble became, an outlier, it became a house of cards. Swaps was the biggest losses if I recall, but admittedly I don't remember what I used to and don't care to Google. Haha

#28     Oct 14, 2021
  9. nitrene

nitrene

QMOM looks a lot like the chart of ARKK, however MTUM is pretty impressive. It seems to outperform the SPY consistently by 5-6% pa even going back to inception in 2014:

spy.mtum.png

spy.qmom.mtum.png

#29     Oct 16, 2021
  10. 777

How do you know if starting tomorrow we will be in a piece of a bull market or a bear market?

The best and the brightest have had caniptions trying to predict the future direction of the market:

Unless they said that over very, very long periods the market has had an upward drift and they were betting on that to continue... and baring very harsh events like nuclear war occuring, many sharp people like Warren Buffett have taken this view.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    #30     Oct 16, 2021