Catholics. wtf is wrong with you people?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Pure logic makes it too simple to reveal his belief system.

Such a simple question like:

How could a human being of finite intelligence know a being of infinite intelligence?

#41     Feb 10, 2011
  2. i understand the concept. i have to be forced to somehow give up critical thinking skills for the brainwashing to be effective. is that correct?

#42     Feb 10, 2011
  3. No , it's called an inconvenient one for you to deal with.

#43     Feb 10, 2011
  4. i concede i am no expert on the hopi medicine wheel. any reason i should be?
    why would i be unless i were born a hopi. the vast majority of people inherit the religion of their parents. that fact alone proves that religion is not revealed but instead indoctrinated.

#44     Feb 10, 2011
  5. Okay, I was worried that you might take that and run off with it. Allow me to clarify. When I say, "given to me" it was given thru meditation and prayer, not by a corporeal entity per se.

John Paul and his sainthood is not relevant to me. The Christ is clear when he says to develop a personal relationship with God. Those who do not have issues such as "sainthood" to contend with. That is nowhere mentioned in any holy text.

To be more clear, the Christ discusses Sadducees and Pharisees. This problem is not new. He also tells believers how to address this. If the catholic church makes John Paul a saint, how does that affect who is God?

#45     Feb 10, 2011
  6. speaking of hard to deal with it sure is taking a lot of work to get you to answer a simple question. do you believe the man that presided over the coverup of priests raping children should be a saint?

#46     Feb 10, 2011
  7. I agree. It provides a starting point, but each man is responsible for his own salvation. What is parents provide him is not relevant. I am suggesting you take in the expansiveness of God. He is everywhere, in every single culture. You will have to face the eternal. It is inevitable.

#47     Feb 10, 2011
  8. Told you so, RCG.

#48     Feb 10, 2011
  9. The vast majority of people inherit the language of their parents.

Does that make the language of their parents necessarily false, because they were indoctrinated into it?

Do you realize that your concept of logical is the product of indoctrination?

#49     Feb 10, 2011
  10. that sure seem like more beating around the bush in order to evade a simple question. do you believe the man that presided over the coverup of priests raping children should be a saint?

given to you? i hope you still understand that people who talk to a god are religious. people who think god talks back are psychotic. do you hear god talk back to you?

#50     Feb 10, 2011