Catholics. wtf is wrong with you people?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 10, 2011.

1. all religions are nothing more than superstition. whats the point of looking at the hopi medicine wheel. wtf is that.
    you forget i have been there and done that. once a mind rejects superstition in favor of reason it is immune from emotional pandering. it would take real evidence to change it back and that cant happen from a human concept that is not real.

#31     Feb 10, 2011
  2. "all religions are nothing more than superstition."

Is that a statement of your own personal religion?

It certainly is not any fact in evidence...

#32     Feb 10, 2011
  3. Socrates believed that a man could find his own way if the right questions were asked. Logic will eventually overcome emotion, unless you are genetically not engineered for such, i.e. you are a woman.

He comes out railing about believers. That is fine. He is not a believer. But he will have to address specifically why he is not to have credibility. I have personally offered to engage him. He can ask ANY question he wants. I will not call him names, I will not belittle his intelligence. I will simply give him the answer that was given to me. He will believe it or not. I eagerly await his response.

#33     Feb 10, 2011
  4. sure i am always looking. i looked when i still believed and the evidence led me to this point. salvation is a religious concept is has no basis in fact. the church is telling you that you are sick and then selling you snake oils as a cure.

The very concept of sin comes from the bible. Christianity offers to solve a problem of its own making! Would you be thankful to a person who cut you with a knife in order to sell you a bandage?--- -Dan Barker, Losing Faith in Faith

#34     Feb 10, 2011
  5. Non-sense all of those texts will be useless until he's had the crap beat out of him and he loses that arrogance chip on his shoulder.

He won't even be ready for the exoteric (much less the esoteric) teachings until that happens.

#35     Feb 10, 2011
  6. If you have been there and done that, you know what the Hopi medicine wheel is. So I would retort that you have not been there and done that as evidenced by the inability to have a rational discussion about it. Keep it coming FT keep it coming!

#36     Feb 10, 2011
  7. Perhaps you now understand my political perspective.

#37     Feb 10, 2011
  8. do you see any problems here? someone else told you what to think. you mentioned coming back to the bible. do you have any idea who put the bible together and why? maybe instead of letting someone else tell you what to think do the research yourself use your mind to look at the evidence.

by the way do you believe the man that presided over the coverup of priests raping children should be a saint? so far i cant get one of you religious types to say no. just a lot of beating around the bush.

#38     Feb 10, 2011
  9. Faith Kal-El, faith.

#39     Feb 10, 2011
  10. thats brilliant. whats it called? a strawman argument?

#40     Feb 10, 2011