Catholics. wtf is wrong with you people?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Feb 10, 2011.

1. 1) ah but you do eh?
    2) Have I broken that concept?

#11     Feb 10, 2011
  2. Aren't you one of those people who get all bent out of shape when believers pick and choose what tenets to follow in the bible?

How's that for hypocrisy, an atheist wants to pick and choose for believers what they should practice.

hey I'm jus sayin.

PS: I can hear it now the stu bots are reporting a new thread on "God" .
    Will his OCD get the best of him and make him post OR

Will the embarrassment of my prediction sufficiently inhibit his obsession.

stay tuned

#12     Feb 10, 2011
  3. I honestly think FT and stu are simply jealous of the relationship other people have with God. FT and stu don't have one personally so threads like this pop up.:)

FT you should know that is what every believer thinks about an atheist, so you really are wasting time with these threads:D

Try prayer, or meditation if the word prayer offends you

#13     Feb 10, 2011
  4. I suspect they both revile prayer and meditation due to religious origins.

#14     Feb 10, 2011
  5. thats funny. doesnt make much sense though. try again. by the way you forgot to answer the question. do you think the man who presided over the coverup of priests raping childern should be a saint?

#15     Feb 10, 2011
  6. hell yes. why didnt i think of that.all i have to do is accept that there was once a talking snake and i too will get a mansion in the sky.

The notion that faith in Christ is to be rewarded by an eternity of bliss, while a dependence upon reason, observation and experience merits everlasting pain, is too absurd for refutation, and can be relieved only by that unhappy mixture of insanity and ignorance, called "faith."
    -- Robert Green Ingersoll

#16     Feb 10, 2011
  7. Freethinker...you are against the bible & its teachings, but you flip out and act like its the bibles fault when clergy dont follow the bibles teachings either.

I've been saying it for years....homosexuals are immoral people. They are the ones molesting little boys. Just because they have a job title of priest doesnt doesnt mean they do it because of religion which is what you always imply.

#17     Feb 10, 2011
  8. is your god powerless?

how about you? do you think the man who presided over the coverup of priests raping childern should be a saint?

#18     Feb 10, 2011
  9. Vehn...you are still so much in the grip of your Catholicism you can't even see it, can you?

How much of your mental energy is toward God?

My guess is a lot.

If you were really over God, you wouldn't need to focus so much on your non belief, or the positive belief of others on God.

It is common to see a woman who once loved a man deeply, feel extreme hatred toward the exact same man when she is disillusioned by that man.

So you are disillusioned...why not just accept it and move on?

Do you really think that your resentments against God and theists is doing them any harm at all?

You judge your own concept of God by man's standards...does that even make sense to you? You are judging what you believe is an imagination through the imagination of your own mind? Can you see any logic at all in that?

If you were really convinced that God did not exist, you wouldn't give it a second thought...the same way that once someone is over their ex wife, or ex husband, they feel nothing at all. No love, no hatred, nothing at all...they see their ex with someone else...no feeling at all, no attachment at all...they are done.

You aren't done with God by any measure...

#19     Feb 10, 2011
  10. not quite. i think prayer is nothing more than superstition. aside from the fact science has proven that prayer never works it doesnt take much of a deep thinker to understand that answered prayer is impossible. example: a farmer prays for rain and a sports player prays for no rain. whats a god to do?
    another example.i watch nascar races. they are bad for this one. driver wins a race gets out and says thank god for my win, prayer works. of course there were 43 cars in the race. if they all prayed for a win 42 prayers failed. this simple bit of logic seems to escape them.

#20     Feb 10, 2011