Catholic morons at it again.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Mercor

Mercor

Why is a fetus considered property, same as a turd untill 90 days but at 91 days it starts to have its own legal rights.

How can this be based on logic?

#11     Mar 16, 2010
  2. I didn't say fetus is considered property, I said taking a dump on someone else's property isn't a good analogy to what someone does to their own body.

#12     Mar 16, 2010

3. "..Assuming the breakup of the family and the establishment of rationally conducted state institutions for children, it will probably be found necessary to go a step further in the substitution of regulation for instinct. Women accustomed to birth control and not allowed to keep their own children would have little motive for enduring the discomfort of gestation and the pain of childbirth. Consequently, in order to keep up the population it would probably be necessary to make childbearing a well-paid profession, not of course to be undertaken by all women or even by a majority, but only by a certain percentage who would have to pass tests as to their fitness from a stock-breeding point of view...."

Bertrand Russell, Why I am Not a Christian, 1927

It is amazing how much of this poor demented mans rantings have found their way into the democratic party.

#13     Mar 16, 2010
  4. Compared to Limbaugh, the ranter of the republican party, he can sound demented to many people.

#14     Mar 16, 2010

5. With all due respect, there is no comparison..........and for the record I am not a Limbaugh fan.

#15     Mar 16, 2010
  6. wjk

wjk

Certainly a sizable amount, however, I doubt the number even comes close to the number of innocent deaths that have occurred at the hands of left wing governments in 1/20th of the time.

#16     Mar 17, 2010
  7. On the other hand, a fertilized egg 1 day after conception is clearly not a sentient life, it doesn't even have a brain or heart. It's pretty much just a bunch of cells.

#17     Mar 18, 2010
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Darn, you just reminded me I was going to post "every sperm is sacred", but you've beat me to the point.

#18     Mar 18, 2010
  9. so old catholic white men in power are against the health care plan. what do catholic women in the trenches think?

Catholic nuns urge passage of Obama's health bill
    By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Associated Press Writer Ricardo Alonso-zaldivar, Associated Press Writer – Wed Mar 17, 10:14 am ET
    WASHINGTON – Catholic nuns are urging Congress to pass President Barack Obama's health care plan, in an unusual public break with bishops who say it would subsidize abortion.

Some 60 leaders of religious orders representing 59,000 Catholic nuns Wednesday sent lawmakers a letter urging them to pass the Senate health care bill. It contains restrictions on abortion funding that the bishops say don't go far enough.

The letter says that "despite false claims to the contrary, the Senate bill will not provide taxpayer funding for elective abortions." The letter says the legislation also will help support pregnant women and "this is the real pro-life stance."

#19     Mar 19, 2010