Catholic morons at it again.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Mar 15, 2010.

1. the catholic church has come out against health care reform because of abortion. they say it may cover abortions in a few cases. it is estimated that 45000 people die a year because of a lack of health care. so the catholic church will allow 45000 people to die because a few abortions a year might be performed under the government umbrella.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops confirmed its opposition today to the healthcare reform bill making it's way through the House, arguing it's too lenient on abortion.

"The American people and the Catholic bishops have been promised that, in any final bill, no federal funds would be used for abortion and that the legal status quo would be respected," said Cardinal Francis George, USCCB president.

"However, the bishops were left disappointed and puzzled to learn that the basis for any vote on health care will be the Senate bill passed on Christmas Eve," he added.

At issue is how strict provisions should be restricting funding for abortions. The previous House-passed bill included language authored by Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) that disallowed any federal subsidies from being spent on plans that cover abortion. The Senate bill, meanwhile, would allow subsidies to be spent on such plans as long as a sperate fee is paid to cover the abortion coverage.
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/86877-bishops-oppose-healthcare-bill

You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.”
    — Bertrand Russell, Why I am Not a Christian, 1927

2. Hmmm...lets see...45k people dying because they dont have healthcare vs 1.37 MILLION babies killed to abortion. You want to kill 1.37 million people to save 45k? I think we know who the moron is now. YOU.

http://www.abortionno.org/Resources/fastfacts.html

3. if you had a brain(debatable considering some of your posts) you might have been able to read the article and understand that this is not about all abortion. this is about a few that may accidentally be government funded if some people get a subsidy for health care. the bill specifically bans government funding for abortion but the religious morons are trying to claim that if the government gives a person a subsidy for health indurance and that person seeks healthcare that might be as a result of an abortion procedure that ,to the church, would be considered government funding for abortion.
    for this they are throwing 45000 people a year under the bus.

4. One of the brainwashed believers will be along in a moment, asserting that a 12 week old lump of cells is a 'baby' and that every abortion is a 'murder'.

It is always shocking to see what kind of cruelty the believers are capable of. Wasn't it Sarah Palin who said that a 14-year old child, gang raped by several men, should be prevented from aborting a pregnancy that results from the rape? Because God says abortion is wrong? These morons should have lived in the 14th century.

Anyone with a shred of decency knows intuitively that it's morally reprehensible to legislate a young woman's control over her own body in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's her choice. Do they get that? Do they understand that not everyone is as intellectually weak as they are? That not everyone fears death as much as they do? That not everyone is spineless enough to be dictated to by a bunch of old guys in funny hats who say they have a direct line to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

In 500 years they'll look back on the abortion debate in the same way we look back on the debate about whether the earth is flat or not. And then, as now, there will be a tiny, religiously informed minority who will call for a return to the past.

5. How many innocent deaths do you estimate the Catholic Church is responsible for in the 2000 years the "church" has done its work? The church is the master and executioner of death all under the name of the cross. Almost sounds like fanatical Muslims. Yes?

6. Mercor

Mercor

Abortion will be looked at in the same way we look at slavery.
    It was normal to look at a black person and because they were "different, not human" uneducated, completely dependant on whites, that they were property.

We now consider the fetus "property". A mother can rip that fetus from its family in the same way a slave owner could rip a slave child from its family.
    Just because a fetus is "different, not human" uneducated, completely dependant on us we consider it property.

At least a fetus at 91 days does start to receive some of its rights of due process. At 90 days a fetus is property.
    This is an arbitary number,a social compromise.
    There is no legal basis for a fetus at 90 days to be property and at 91 days to receive due process.

7. According to what you believe, then you are basically a lump of cells, so if someone kills you, they are just killing a bunch of cells. Its this moronic thinking that dehumanizes people that then makes it ok to kill unborn children. The genocide in rwanda did it when they called their enemies "cockroaches" because its easier to kill a person if you call them a cockroach than a human. You are no different than them...you just call them a lump of cells.

And i love how you atheists ALWAYS bring up rape when talking about abortion as if the majority of abortions are rape victims even though only about 3-4% of all abortions are rape victims. Another 3% are when there is something medically wrong with the pregnancy. This means that 93% of abortions are done by women that just feel like a baby will cramp their style.

You say a woman has the right to do whatever she wants with her body? Then if a woman came to your house and took a dump on your couch, you would be ok with it? Or do you say she doesnt have a right to do whatever she wants with her body in that case?

Anyone that is ok with Abortion or has had an abortion is evil. They are no different than a serial killer, but actually they are worse because they are killing something so innocent and precious. I dont know how anyone can hate children so much they want to kill them before they are born. I mean, its just pure evil. Abortionists are worse than rapists.

Go to youtube and watch an abortion video and then tell me that its just a bunch of cells.

8. stu

stu

"
    "

9. ^^^

Stu, I put peil the idiot on ignore long ago, but every once in a while I see other people quoting his bullshit. This one above is just so breathtakingly ignorant, it's difficult to find the words. How do you respond to something like that? Of course, aborted Christian babies would have grown up to be saints. peil must be referring to all those aborted darkie babies.

There are a few members on here whose picture I would like to see, just to know what the face of blind ignorance really looks like.

One thing is for sure. If there's a hell, peilthetraveler has a one way ticket first class, booked and paid for. He exemplifies a lot of what can be called evil in this world.

10. Bad analogy, someone doing something with their own body doesn't compare to someone doing something to other's property.

#10     Mar 16, 2010