Catholic Evil

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Catholic Evil

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...tholic-Church-castrated-at-least-10-boys.html

What other word is there for this new and even more sickening revelation about the Church's abuse, rape and then castration of the victims of clerical pederasty?

The NRC Handelsblad newspaper identified Henk Heithuis who was castrated in 1956, while a minor, after reporting priests to the police for abusing him in a Catholic boarding home.

Joep Dohmen, the investigative journalist who uncovered the Heithuis case, also found evidence of at least nine other castrations. "These cases are anonymous and can no longer be traced," he said. "There will be many more. But the question is whether those boys, now old men, will want to tell their story."

Mr Heithuis died in a car crash in 1958, two years after being castrated at the age of 20, while under the age of majority, which was then 21. In 1956 he had accused Catholic clergy of sexually abusing him in his Church run care home.

The Dutch government enabled the crimes:

Evidence emerged on Monday that government inspectors were aware that minors were being castrated while in Catholic-run psychiatric institutions. Minutes of meetings held in the 1950s show that inspectors were present when castrations were discussed. The documents also reveal that the Catholic staff did not think parents needed to be involved.

There are also allegations that Vic Marijnen, a former Dutch Prime Minister, who died in 1975, was linked to the case. In 1956, Mr Marijnen was the chairman of the Gelderland children's home where Mr Heithuis and other children were abused. He intervened to have prison sentences dropped against several priests convicted of abusing children.
    http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/03/catholic-evil.html

2. Brass

Brass

I can't believe the name wasn't a tip-off.

Religion really needs to be gelded.

3. All this is horrible and disgusting. Just like the murders in Afghanistan allegedly by Sgt. Bayles. But, as with the Sgt, I think the horrible Priest behavior is the behavior of handfuls of men. This doesn't necessarily reflect on all the good the Church does, and all the good people involved in their Faith. Sgt Bayles horrible act should not reflect on all the good men and women in the Military.

This is hard for me to say, since I hate this aberrant behavior to the core of my being, but I can't hate Catholics due to the acts of the few priests. I know there is a long standing pattern of abuse, and there is no excuse, I just can't bring myself to hate all people of Faith, or any particular religion. I respect those who cannot as well.

c

4. Brass

Brass

I don't automatically hate catholics or other people of faith. I just hate religion because of what it can do, and how it can pull by the nose otherwise thinking people who would not ordinarily be duped by sociopaths.

"God" is an excuse. "God" always seems to want sociopaths (and others) to have what they want to have. "God" always manages to convince sociopaths (and others) they're right.

Man made God in his own image. And with good reason. If you're going to create a Sky Daddy, you might as well make Him play by your rules.

5. if this kind behavior is not exposed how do you think it will ever change? btw before you give catholics a pass because of all the good they do for the poor study the history of mother teresa, the most famous catholic. she could have cared less about the suffering of the poor.

You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.”
    — Bertrand Russell, Why I am Not a Christian, 1927

6. I hear what you're saying, and don't totally disagree. I just don't like lumping entire groups into a singular definition because of disgusting behavior by the few. But, yes, we must shout out from the rafters all the wrong being done, just, hopefully not put everyone of Faith in the same category. IMO.

c

7. One day the catholic church is your own version of SATAN the next you praise and extol it for opposing conservative ideology.

8. Atheist's are EVIL

9. Brass

Brass

What about home-invading apostrophes? Are they evil, too?

10. First bazaar not bizarre. Now atheist's not atheists. Plural vs. possessive, oh well. You keep making me smile, but you know they'll never understand with that home schooling and all.

To be fair, we all make mistakes when trying to think and type. Well, at least some of us think and type - lol.

c

#10     Mar 21, 2012