catholic church: republican policies are immoral.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. As the myth goes man was created in God's image... Man was not an identical copy of perfection... God was just a rough template for man. Man had free will... to do with as he saw fit... He ate the apple and became self-aware contrary to the will of God...

#41     Apr 20, 2012
  2. Nothing worse than an idiot like Brass who actually thinks he's smart because he parrots the cool trends... "Oh look... Atheism... must promote it to the masses because it's not an ideology...!"

Fuck off queer...

#42     Apr 20, 2012
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Nonsense.

We are stalled. We've become a static civilization lead by those more interested in looking inward then exploring outward.

We don't even have a fucking space program. A black guy from Chicago is not exactly what I would call an intrepid explorer but is someone more interested in materialism. No Space Shuttle but Spinner Wheels for everyone!

#43     Apr 20, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

You can't rationally support theism so you try to discredit atheism with your collection of straw men. Is flailing how you normally get your cardio?

#44     Apr 20, 2012
  5. LOL! Tough crowd! I think we should be looking in both directions. Our failure to build our space program is a mistake. I don't see why spiritual growth and scientific exploration can't co-exist. Both are worthy ventures regardless of the outcome of one or the other. If science were to prove beyond any doubt that there is no God, to look within ourselves is still a worthwhile effort. If God were to appear for all to see, leaving no doubt, science is still viable, and I very much doubt that a God would oppose it. Whatever takes us to a higher truth is a good thing. It is only when it's corrupted by those with other, namely political agendas, that it becomes tainted. Both science and religion have done a good job of twisting and turning in an effort to sway public opinion.

#45     Apr 20, 2012
  6. jem

jem

1. This is the most ridiculous shit I have ever read. Have you been to a mass. Do you realize how biblical the mass is. 3 readings from the bible. a recreation of the last supper and then a faithful communion in which Catholics follows Jesus words exactly how he stated in John Chapter 6 starting around the 50s.

Every Sunday (in fact every mass every day) Catholic's read three passages from the bible. 1 old testament... and 2 new testament including one reading from matthew mark luke and john.

In Sunday school catholic children read and discuss these same 3 readings.

The readings are part of a cycle which reads through the bible every 3 years.

2. Catholics want everyone to feel appreciated, but you do not get into heaven unless you are a believer, once you have learned about Jesus.

#46     Apr 20, 2012
  7. I'm an atheist you moron!

I pointed out previously that I'm an ex-believer turned atheist. Nevertheless, atheism is an ideology... according to most of the definitions of ideology. I also know my Christianity pretty well and I don't hold anything against Christians if they want to practice their religion.

Most atheists just babble incoherently about Christianity without the slightest clue...! I do know my Bible relatively well and have studied it.

#47     Apr 20, 2012
  8. Brass

Brass

You are in desperate need of some robes and a time machine to take you back to the Bronze Age.

#48     Apr 20, 2012
  9. jem

jem

You are clueless juvenile annoying asshole.
    Note, I am telling you what the Chruch teaches.

Personally I have no idea if God lets you accept Jesus after you die. But, I do know no one on there own is perfect.

#49     Apr 20, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Really? Is that what the church teaches? No wonder I don't attend.

#50     Apr 20, 2012