catholic church: republican policies are immoral.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Great movie on this called Constantine.

Nice piece of work. Fictional, but very nice. Almost makes one think.:)

#21     Apr 20, 2012
  2. +1

But, in fairness the bible does allude to the fact that the true church will only be called during the tribulation.

#22     Apr 20, 2012
  3. Constantine with Keanu Reeves...? Yeah saw it... Pretty cool...!

#23     Apr 20, 2012
  4. Brass

Brass

Epicurus: Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

#24     Apr 20, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

#25     Apr 20, 2012
  6. A bigger question would be if God was all knowing and all powerful, why would he need to create a group of people with flaws, and then create an advisary as powerful as himself, to tempt those people?

That is called setting one up to fail.

Further, how can a perfect being, create imperfection?

#26     Apr 20, 2012
  7. The writers did do a little bit of homework, I gotta give em that.

#27     Apr 20, 2012
  8. The Creator and Anti-Creator were born as one, split instantly, (the big bang) and have been at it ever since.
    I see a universe where action and reactions are equal. Why would it not be so for these two entities?
    I know it sounds or can be made to sound crazy, but then so can everything else.

#28     Apr 20, 2012
  9. Not at all, it corresponds to the halves of our brain..right vs. left.

I realize how powerful religion drives humanity, and humanity is my favorite subject, since I happen to be human. I have spent my life studying three things...religion, money, and women.

So this idea of yours corresponds to several spiritual concepts. People of Earth religions believe pretty much what you have stated. Good cannot exist without evil, and vice versa.

#29     Apr 20, 2012
  10. You're confusing nihilism... the belief in nothing... with atheism... Eitherway, both nihilism and atheism are ideologies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ideology

Is there an idea behind it...? Yes... Are you trying to get people to follow it...? Yes... ...Well then it's an ideology...!

#30     Apr 20, 2012