Catholic Church May Derail Obama's Re-Election

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by pspr, Feb 6, 2012.

1. I make sense all the time, but you need a certain level of cognitive ability. So pspr, keep working on it son, you WILL get there:D

#11     Feb 7, 2012
  2. How many Catholic's do you know? They are like hornets if offended. The only thing worse would be to offend AIPAC.

#12     Feb 7, 2012
  3. I think it would be an issue if the GOP candidate was a guy like Bush who wore his religion on his sleeve but Obama is facing a former pro choice candidate who many don't consider christian and consider his religion a cult

#13     Feb 7, 2012
  4. This election is about getting turnout AK. The Catholics will sit it out if they are not happy. I will completely take away the schism that exists in the GOP.

It is a bad politco move. Obama needs to make sure he gets his people to the polls. He does that, the GOP is DOA, regardless of the nominee.

#14     Feb 7, 2012
  5. Brass

Brass

I don't know. I think Obama did the principled thing. Now the question is whether he'll succumb to an interest group. It's a hard spot to be in.

#15     Feb 7, 2012
  6. What you "think" and reality are two different things entirely. The government can't force a church to pay for birth control and morning after pills. Maybe in Canada but not here.

#16     Feb 7, 2012
  7. Brass

Brass

Know your facts. Churchs are not affected.

#17     Feb 7, 2012
  8. OSF St. Francis is a level one trama center here in Peoria. They do not currently offer contraceptives. They are one of the best neo-natal care centers in the United States. This hospital should not be forced to offer contraceptives as they are a Catholic entity. You can google all of that.

I know what Pres. Obama is trying to do, but he is doing it in the wrong way. This can only hurt him, it cannot help him.

Look religion is something I know a little bit about. This could make a snowball, and just might undermine his most critical base. People are more superstitious than you know Brass.

It is a big deal, and in what will be a squeaker of an election, I think now is not the time for Obama to be doing this kind of thing.

#18     Feb 7, 2012
  9. Bullshit. Many churches and church-run institutions don't qualify for the exemption.

#19     Feb 7, 2012
  10. Exactly. And it's great that some lefties like Gayfly and KKK-47 can't see it :p

#20     Feb 7, 2012