Cathie Wood of ARK Invest says she still expects to see significant returns over the next 5 years

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by The_Krakenite, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Overnight

Overnight

That is not bad, considering the NAZ is down 25ish% since the beginning of the year.

Is she single?

#41     May 31, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Axon

Axon

The strategy seems pretty straight forward: invest in emerging technology that has the potential for high return and, essentially, make an index fund out of it. Wood's fund had an incredible run in 2020 due to the Fed stimulus but ARK is like a gambler who won his first lucky bet on a horse (TESLA), got hooked on gambling (growth stocks), made some incredibly stupid bets and is now in complete denial when markets turned against him.

That said, to play devil's advocate, Cathy Wood has been clear she has a 5 year investment horizon. Nobody expects positive returns every year and ARKK is up over 100% since the beginning of 2017 for an annual return of around 14%. If I were invested in Wood's fund over the last 5 years I might find this acceptable regardless of last year's crash. *dons flame retardant suit*

#42     May 31, 2022
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

That was that day. Not for the year.

#43     May 31, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    Bullish maybe for SARK; a major holding in Coinbase. Investopedia's a list of ''cons'' on Coinbase like high transaction costs, bad customer service, not a member of SIPC.:D:D
    SARK is upticking on some weekly charts\huge topping tail on monthly candle.

#44     Jun 6, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. The #1 lesson learned with the Coinbase fail, is don't bet against Chanos.

Some people thought he lost his touch after his shorts on Tesla went kaput. But... he's got a pretty strong track-record. Don't forget, he called out Enron when all of Wall Street hailed it as the #1 thing.

#45     Jun 6, 2022
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Closed back below $40 / LOD was $39.11

Typical volume to end the quarter prolly because so many have already gotten out.

#46     Jun 30, 2022
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I'm still long SARK. :)

#47     Jun 30, 2022
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Well aren't you Mr. Fancypants. You better keep an eye out in the next 3 months. There's already talk of a pause in rate hikes in Sept (although I do not believe that will happen.)

#48     Jun 30, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. i called coin a piece of shit at 350

u dont need to be a publicity seeking clown to have spotted this turd

#49     Jun 30, 2022
  10. %%
    I think she is, she is older than she looks, but that's good for her.
    But for sure /she is a much better than average long term stock picker. After re-reading it several times, i gave a way an AUM magazine with her on the cover.
    Maybe, or maybe not, a problem for the SARK bulls\topping tail weekly chart @ $81 area??
    Main reason i have not position traded SARK\ a big gainer like that can easy have big down week like that $81-61 week\ OUCH.
    Cute name= SARK, Tuttle capital:D:D

#50     Jul 1, 2022