Cathie Wood of ARK Invest says she still expects to see significant returns over the next 5 years

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by The_Krakenite, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Not too long ago I remember when Holmes's was this super-smart, and super-tuff genius dominating woman who was such a feminist hero and the best thing ever in our lifetime. We were supposed to cheer at clips of her dominating the men in the area.

Suddenly you don't hear about that anymore. Now she's just this poor innocent victim who's boyfriend was all to blame for all of it because she was just some weak abused woman with no will-power of her own.

I tend to call this 'Throwing your X under the bus', a time-tested routine done for thousands of years. Looks like it still works!

I have zero sympathy for anyone who lost $ with her bullshit. What goes around comes around... and this goes 100% for all those white-knighting simps who you keep hearing say "She was a woman, so we really, really wanted it all to succeed." Now WTF kind of comment is that? So if a CEO is male, suddenly we DON'T want him to succeed?

What goes around comes around. Good riddance.

#31     May 8, 2022
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

her returns don’t matter. She wasn’t stock picking but rather picking types of companies that she could sell in a fund. She shouldn’t get credit for her fund performance up or down.

#32     May 8, 2022
  3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Especially when you watch the documentary and people weren’t even doing basic due dillligence.

#33     May 8, 2022
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

She is CEO and CIO.

#34     May 8, 2022
  5. Oh, except for that ONE investor that dared to ask her a question (he knew the field). She got rid of him ASAP for questioning her. Remember that one? Guess that means there was ONE lucky investor(to-be) in the story.

#35     May 8, 2022
  6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

but CIO means something different here than a hedge fund.

#36     May 8, 2022
  7. nitrene

nitrene

This is what I never understood about her funds. She keeps picking and sticking to stocks are theoretically high beta with a lot of revenue growth but since February 2021 her strategy has performed terribly.

I remember buying ARKK in May 2020 and I thought it was a momentum fund but that is not what it turned out to be. If ARKK was a momentum fund with a lot of turnover it could have become an amazing product. Like what the IBD fund should have been instead of just a systemic high revenue growth fund which only works in deflation and not inflation.

In many ways ARKK & BTC are similar since they both represent risk investment.

#37     May 8, 2022
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Something different like what?

The Holy Spirit is riding shotgun so no problemo?

Are you an investor because you seem to indicate you know a lot about ARK?

#38     May 8, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  9. SunTrader

SunTrader

-4.16% currently.

#39     May 16, 2022
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

#40     May 30, 2022