Casting Call for Fim Documentary

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Trend Following, Nov 26, 2007.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Toby Crabel would add a lot of cred to the work.

#21     Nov 27, 2007

2. agree.

MC has some good names there, and others i'm not so sure about.....

surf

#22     Nov 27, 2007

3. better that than the dreary dress, fur cap and galoshes of our market brothers up north.

surf:D

#23     Nov 27, 2007
  4. Wait a minute...an earlier post from a MarkBrown says Crabel had no drawdowns. :mad: So which one of youse guys is lying to us?

#24     Nov 30, 2007
  5. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Not sure of his exact numbers off the top of my head, but if -4% is max DD, and someone refers to that as "no" DD, why split hairs? The point is he has almost no (if any) DD the last time I looked at his data.

#25     Nov 30, 2007

6. my bet is the apparent discrepancy is due to differing time frames--- 11 years with no drawdowns does not mean no monthly, weekly, daily drawdowns.

surf

#26     Nov 30, 2007
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

i tell you this he is "THE BEST" in the business and i am his competition yet i am humble and admit he is the best at risk vs reward. i have lots more risk, he appeals to and is particular tailored to big money accounts and they love him!

he has virtually no drawdown, now you want to be a client? you would have an easier time having lunch with the president while carrying a hand gun. you need several "like many more than a few" million min.

but like i said anyone who knows cant bash the man he is the king of low to no drawdown.

#27     Nov 30, 2007
  8. Mark,
    Does Crabel manage the money within a "hedge fund" fee arrangement (eg 2%/20%)?

Or a flat fee of assets managed (eg 3%)?

#28     Nov 30, 2007
  9. thats the question he likes to avoid.

#29     Nov 30, 2007
  10. me too.

#30     Nov 30, 2007