Casting Call for Fim Documentary

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Trend Following, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

Eventually, absolutely, it will be DVD too.

#11     Nov 26, 2007
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

to bad your devoted to trend trading or you could interview a counter trend trader who's the total opposite of a trend trader.

makes the world go round though...

btw no one you have interviewed can match the counter trend performance that toby crabel has produced. what does he have now about 3-4 billion under management. check his drawdown, oh thats right he doesn't have any - compared to trend traders that is.

#12     Nov 26, 2007
  3. Im sure they would be happy to interview someone like yourself, mark.:)
    After all, no series could be complete without a contrary view, or alternative philosophy.
    Right, trendfollower?

#13     Nov 26, 2007

4. hmmm, tony crabel.

from niederhoffer's team, one of the best in the world.

:) :D :)

#14     Nov 26, 2007
  5. from willmott, i believe:

1983- Richard Dennis gives his famous seminars to floor brokers and traders alike. He advises them to look at the board a half hour after the open, and buy or sell whatever is furthest from the previous day's close.
    1986- Monroe Trout resigns as an employee of Victor Niederhoffer, and sets out to apply the pattern and momentum lessons he has learned on the NYFE, to his own position trading.
    1988- Mark Fisher starts his clearing firm on the NYMEX.
    1989- Toby Crabel writes his book, "Day Trading with Short Term Price Patterns & Opening Range Breakout."
    1993- Toby Crabel quits working for Victor Niederhoffer - like Monroe Trout and Roy Niederhoffer before him - and sets out to trade on his own.
    2002- Toby Crabel, with nearly 300 different systems in production, finishes 10 years without a single losing year, with an 11% average annual return, with a maximum drawdown of 4.24% over the period, and with well over a billion dollars under management charging a 3% management fee.
    :D

#15     Nov 26, 2007
  6. avarus

avarus

I vote Crabel as well.

#16     Nov 26, 2007
  7. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

I interviewed him for an extended sit down a while back for a project underway (not the film). He was a great interview.

#17     Nov 27, 2007
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

The film is not "trend" directed, but it is directed toward traders who think/decide in terms of "odds". That would include TC too.

#18     Nov 27, 2007
  9. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

Curious as to whether that simple roulette system mark spoke about could work consistently, I decided to try it out for myself.

puzzling probability and roulette a la Mark Brown
    http://www.purebytes.com/archives/omega/2001/msg10719.html

#19     Nov 27, 2007
  10. Indeed. He dresses in Surround Sound.

#20     Nov 27, 2007