[Cast Your Vote] Where will ES close on March 31th ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Sekiyo, Mar 22, 2020.

Where will ES close on March 31th ?

Poll closed Mar 29, 2020.
  1. 2700 and more

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. 2600

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. 2500

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2400

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. 2300

3 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. 2200

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. 2100

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. 2000

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. 1900

1 vote(s)
    4.2%
  10. 1800 and less

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

There currently is NO vaccine. Yes, there's currently clinical trials and hopefully a drug / shot or whatever will be approved within the next 12 months.

Something approved within 12 months instead of the typical multi year will be extraordinary.

Remember, HIV that became a pandemic in 1987 ?

We're now 2020 and there still is NO vaccine for it but there are drugs that prevent the deadly side effects after becoming HIV positive.

Another example...have you ever heard of the "common cold" ? How long has that been around and there's NO vaccine for it. Yet, there are medicines you can take to prevent a common cold from becoming deadly.

My point, some are concentrating on looking for a vaccine like a flu shot while other companies are concentrating on creating a drug to prevent Covid-19 from becoming deadly after becoming Covid-19 positive...the latter is the most likely scenario prior to a vaccine.

Seriously, I wouldn't be surprise within the next 1 - 2 years we can just go to the doctor and get a prescription and then go to a pharmacy to get some pills to minimize the deadly impact of Covid-19 especially if you're Old or have existing health problems.

Something else to remember, these types of Pandemics in the last 50 years are extraordinary mutability and that makes them extremely difficult to discover a vaccine...they quickly and easily change because they (the virus / bacteria) are living too and fight off anything that tries to kill it. They do that via embedding itself deep in our cells with a cancer-like behaviour.

Regardless, whomever develops a vaccine will be guaranteed to win the Nobel Prize similar to Wendell M. Stanley that won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1946 for his discovery of a vaccine for the Influenza. Amazingly, he got his ideals after tobacco mosaic virus activity.

The same for the person that develops a drug or globally approved treatment to minimize the deadly impact of Covid-19.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    #31     Mar 23, 2020
  2. padutrader

padutrader

both of us cannot be correct.

#32     Mar 23, 2020
  3. Sekiyo

Sekiyo

(Current) Wisdom of EliteTraders: 2140

#33     Mar 23, 2020
  4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I've stated many facts. Thus, I do not know which fact you're pointing to as not correct. :D

Once again, there currently is NO vaccine for Covid-19. In contrast, there's several clinical trials and many medicine applications.

In reference to my statement of 12 months...that's fall into the category of "very fast" for approval of medicine unless the medicine is already approved for treatment of another illness.

wrbtrader

#34     Mar 23, 2020
    ges likes this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

you are wrong i cannot post the video because it's size is too big w.png

#35     Mar 23, 2020
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Hey Padutrader,

If you think there's currently a Vaccine for Covid-19...

That's Ok. :D

In the meantime, here's a list of companies that currently trying to find a vaccine and testing treatments @ https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...?itm_source=parsely-api&mod=mw_more_headlines

Maybe your wife works for one of those companies ?

By the way, that San Diego Lab stated they are trying to "develop" a vaccine and has the facility to proceed with the work on a "possible vaccine". Simply, they're in the same boat as the other 16 companies at the link I posted as in currently trying to design a vaccine.

San Diego Lab story @ https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/mar/03/san-diego-labs-potential-coronavirus-vaccine-could/

They may be able to develop a vaccine for human testing before 12 months but most likely won't be able due to regulations involving "human testing".

My bet on a vaccine will come from outside of the North America @ https://cepi.net/news_cepi/cepi-to-...ines-against-the-novel-coronavirus-ncov-2019/

I think once they get past the human testing...a vaccine can be globally manufacture by next summer. If that happens, it will be extremely rare to see such a vaccine ready that fast for distribution to human population.

Once again as stated...we should have a vaccine within 12 months (that means approved for humans) and then it will be just as easy as getting a flu shot within 1 - 2 years from your local doctor...not shortages.

Also, I wouldn't be surprise if the vaccine will also be effective against other Corona Virus diseases besides just Covid-19.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    #36     Mar 23, 2020
    ges likes this.
  7. padutrader

padutrader

as of now i am not vaccinated for anything.

i am still alive.

like Trump said yesterday people die on roads.........you cannot stop driving.

but people can be advised to take sensible precautions.....like following traffic rules and driving slow

the same with health.......take precautions.......

#37     Mar 24, 2020
  8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Take precautions ?

If you're older than 40 years old, why aren't you worry about after not getting a flu shot, pneumonia shot or any other shot that killed millions in the past 70 years ?

You don't trust vaccines ?

Seriously, even the measles was almost eradicated but it has slowly made a comeback only because there are people out their that do not believe in vaccinations for their children.

They begin working on a vaccine in 1954 but didn't get approval for humans until 1963 and then almost eradicated it by year 2000. Unfortunately, people from other countries brought it back to the U.S. along with a growing belief by a small group of individuals that believed in "natural immunity".

Today, measles is on the rise again in the U.S. and children are dying because of the beliefs by their parents while there's a vaccine.

My point with the story about the Measles...if / when vaccine becomes available to humans...it does not guarantee that people will take the vaccine due to the fact that many believe in "natural immunity" along with a distrust of vaccine side effects.

The most common death in children from side effects of having the Measles...its pneumonia. Its a horrible way to die and a tragic way for parents to watch pneumonia slowly take the life of their children even for those that refused to get their children vaccinated.

Simply, there's people out there (a lot of them) that do not care about vaccines nor will they allow such to be given to their children. Thus, they do not take precautions.

wrbtrader

#38     Mar 24, 2020
    ges likes this.
  9. padutrader

padutrader

you live you die.

how many things are you going to protect against.?

#39     Mar 24, 2020
  10. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You stated...

Wife works for a pharma vaccine producing company that has 60% share of the anti tetanus vaccine.
    • Therefore, I'll ask again...has your children (young adults) been vaccinated now that you have stated you (as for now) have not been vaccinated ?
    • What does you wife tell you about your view of living life without any vaccination considering she's works for a pharma vaccine producing company while married/living with you that's not vaccinated ?
    I'm really curious because you can become ill with an infection / disease while not vaccinated for anything and then transmit it to your family members or transmit it to their extended relationships that visit your home or you visiting their home.
    • Do you live and die via the same view "after" infection considering I will assume you do not seek any treatment (no medicine) when you become ill with anything especially if its contagious (e.g. flu) ?
    wrbtrader

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    #40     Mar 24, 2020