Cashing in .... good or bad?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lilduckling, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Greetings my dear friends. It is I, your fine feathered lilduckling.
    This July marks the one year anniversity that i went in all long. Through all the bumps we had along the way, i never wavered... held my longs in my conviction that we were in a long term bull run even though the small caps were not leading the charge.

You must be thinking that my account is huge and that i made tons of $$. Well.... its true i made $$$ but my account is slightly smaller than when i started. Yes its true. I have been guilty of cashing in on this uptrend we've been on for some time now. I been blowing money like a drunken sailor... buying new furniture... large screen TVs ...etc. This has made me realize something.... my final lesson in the markets.... even though you may make $$$, it doesn't mean you are cut out for it. A wise trader would not have been cashing in... instead he/she would be putting all money to work. It seems I lacked this final discipline. My dear friends, the truth is i dont think my heart is in it as it once was.

I think i will pursue other interests. Lately I have been thinking about writing a childrens book. A challenge im sure.

Has anyone else also gobbled all their profits in an orgasmic frenzy? If so.... did you feel guilty or happy?

I feel happy that i made a big fat return....... but very very sad / depressed that i choked the life out of my profits.

2. I'm already approaching 7 figure this year and have made some big purchases but nothing that I regret. I suggest you focus your Shopgasm on *Hard Assets* Aka. Developable Land, Angel funding/venture capital on new promissing enterprises, collectable art, etc. It's hard to continuing growing your wealth if you don't enjoy the process of aquiring that wealth :)

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

I was denied of that experience but I feel one coming soon.:D

4. poor nkhoi :( poor poor nkhoi