cash settled options

Discussion in 'Options' started by met1989, Aug 24, 2019.

1. met1989

met1989

how can i find all the products that are cash settled on td ameritrade ?

2. cvds16

cvds16

it's just index options that might be cash settled, at least if they are not options on index-futures or index-ETF's.

3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

4. Sig

Sig

Also the NASDAQ-100 is now traded on NASDAQ (https://business.nasdaq.com/media/NDXPfactsheet_tcm5044-54189.pdf).

For the OP, be careful with the AM-settled options. It's not an intuitive process and if you're not familiar with it then it can bite you in the ass.

For Robert, I noticed that although the strike interval on the NDX weekly options is 5 points they mainly show 10 point intervals with a couple random 5 point intervals thrown in. Do you know if that's just something you have to have your broker call in to the exchange to add any additional 5 point strikes you want, or something else going on there?

5. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

There are what looks like random 5 point strikes.

6. Sig

Sig

That's what I see as well, just curious how they get there and how I could get some random ones added where I want them that aren't there.

7. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I'm not curious enough to call the CBOE trade desk. They can give you that info.

8. FSU

FSU

marketservices@cboe.com will give you the answer if you email them. Most likely those specific strikes were requested. You can even ask for specific strikes yourself through them.

9. Sig

Sig

Are they still handling it now that NASDAQ is listing it? I guess I'm not as up as I should be on who's who in the zoo with various mergers.

10. FSU

FSU

Good point Sig, I missed that. I think you are probably right.

#10     Aug 27, 2019