Cash-Out Refinance from Home to Invest in Stocks, How to Deduct Interests for Tax

Discussion in 'Taxes and Accounting' started by Cyrix, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Cyrix

Cyrix

I want to cash-out refinance my home and invest the cash proceeds into stocks.
    Is there any way to deduct the mortgage interest costs against the returns from stocks?

Thanks.

2. Not that I'm aware of, but there is no chance that this plan will go tits up.

srinir and GRULSTMRNN like this.
  3. Get a line of credit, mortgage interest is already tax deductible

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  4. S2007S

S2007S

And take out a cash advance on your credit cards while your at it ....

:D:D:D:D:D

5. noddyboy

noddyboy

I got a mail for free money from a mortgage refi with NO payments forever. But when I sell, they get principal plus gains above 120%... Sounds good?

6. Line of credit is a better approach it's already going to be drawn against your home. Interest rate is the killer though. Hopefully you've been a good little boy.

7. lindq

lindq

This year your total itemized deductions, including mortgage interest, would need to exceed the new standard deduction of 24K in order to gain anything from itemizing.

And of course you understand that your investment gains will need to exceed your mortgage interest+refinance costs to make this worthwhile?

Good luck with that.

8. Cyrix

Cyrix

Mortgage rates are low right now. Returns are expected to be higher than the interest costs, especially if they are deductible. Well,at least the average returns of my strategies have been higher, even during past recessions.