Cash fx rollover charges

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by M.W., Jun 16, 2022.

1. M.W.

M.W.

Anyone know where I can find updated IB rollover rates for cash fx positions? I can only see interest paid on various currencies for excess cash, but have no idea how much IB charges for borrowing different currencies.

2. M.W. likes this.
  3. M.W.

M.W.

4. IB uses the word "interest" when you have a positive cash balance, and uses the word "margin" when you have a negative cash balance.

5. M.W.

M.W.

Not that simple. They use various terms, for example when they describe cash flows for their own FX CFDs they introduce a whole host of different terminology.

In any case unlike most other brothers IB does apparently nowhere list the FX financing details together. One page shows margin, another completely separate page interest paid on excess cash. That I found curious.

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Big swinging forex guy has to google to find his margin rates.

hahaha.

7. M.W.

M.W.

I used IB strictly for intraday positions hence was never subject to rollovers or did not pay attention because it would have just been for a day. I indicated numerous times which other brokers I use for larger fx positions held over longer time horizons. I now want to put on an fx hedge for bond positions denominated in non base ccy.

But why making it personal? Jealousy? Or bitterness? Size is relative, half a billion in notional does not even put me close to the top tier with many of the more serious brokers. You complain when people make statements without referring to details and when someone mentions size you also bitch. Thin skin it appears...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022