Cash for clunkers NOT suspended......

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jeez.

I mean how far do you need to go to increase:

1. Durable goods orders
    2. Manufacturing hours worked

And reduce inventories so that the statistics look favorable. Let's push this bull market out 9 months, huh?

I am astounded and absolutely amazed. We are all so screwed.

#21     Jul 31, 2009
  2. Note: fkbsuhites analytical skills are poorer than most people on this site so i would not take anything he has to say seriously. In this thread, http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2509134#post2509134 he first accused me of being a paper trader, then when i asked if he wanted to compare blotters once he saw mine he didnt post his, then he accused me of being a Bush lover, (i hate bush) then he accused me of being a credit trader, while my net is lower than my gross, then said i live in a trailer, then simply falsified my blotter and added a zero to it to try and prove he makes money in the market. Then after proving him to be a comlpete and utter loser he resorted to calling my mother a whore, this guy is definately a class act.

#22     Jul 31, 2009
  3. piezoe

piezoe

I'm having a problem with BOTH programs.

#23     Aug 1, 2009
  4. piezoe

piezoe

Huh????

#24     Aug 1, 2009
  5. MattF

MattF

As I posted before, dealers are telling consumers (some of them anyway) that if they write this through, it'll depend on what the government says now with the Senate not voting on it until next week.

So what then? Return the car and ask for your money back because you didn't get the discount?

#25     Aug 1, 2009
  6. The problem is in your head

#26     Aug 1, 2009
  7. ipatent

ipatent

According to cars.gov, participants are given the scrap value of their trade-in, not the blue book or NADA value. The scrap value is a lot less than the book value for most vehicles. So this is not a good deal unless your trade in is a real piece of shit.

So who owns cars that are worth about their scrap value? People who can't afford to buy a better car. People who are already deep in CC debt, and a good bet for bankruptcy. The worst credit risks in the consumer lending market.

My guess is that the auto loans being made to the people who participate in this program are going to have a very high default rate, and will come back to bite the financial markets in the not too distant future. We are seeing the equivalent of what went on in the mortgage market in the final frenzy before the crash.

#27     Aug 1, 2009
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Maybe Obamacare will pass out free meds to increase your IQ by about 50 points. Then you'd understand the broken window fallacy and the problem with misallocating resources in the name of "stimulus." Of course, if he did that, he'd have a thinking, informed public on his hands...exactly, what he doesn't want.

Better to pack the rallies and voting booths with parasites who shout, like the mindless drones they are, "Change we can believe in" and "Yes we can! (sit on our butts all day and live off the productive/successful while we watch Oprah and eat junk food")...

#28     Aug 2, 2009
  9. you're the same type of lowlife republican idiot who climbs onto the roof tops and screams how the reech payeth all the taxes.

yet you forget to factor in that it's the middle class paying all the property tax that keep the schools afloat so the reech can send their kids to school for free

or the middle class paying all the govt. fees and taxes in each gasoline purchase that keep the roads well tended for the reech to drive on

or the middle class who pay all the sales tax so the city can pay for the services given to the reech

By DEFAULT having a govt. will involve mis-allocation of resources.

The govt. spends 2 TRILLION on the military every year to protect your ass from a non-existent threat of chinese invaders swimming over from china

Or mis-allocating Trillions to prop fraudulent private banking organizations on Wallstreet

the cash for clunkers program is a better mis-allocation of resources than giving some bumbble fuck crook on wall street 1 Trillion.

This program

1/ buys down inventory and is therefore a DIRECT stimulant to the economy ( unlike bailing out the bumble fuck crooked bankers )

2/ increases fuel efficiency by eliminating all the trash joe-the-plumber types are driving , thereby reducing reliance on enemy states for energy.

You are yet another fool tending to the republican logical fallacy where the reech are the holy privileged ones allowed to leech off the middle class

We got into this mess because of people like you.

Now go get bent.

#29     Aug 2, 2009
  10. MattF

MattF

once again...borrowing tomorrow to pay today.

#30     Aug 2, 2009