Cash & Carry

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electric,

The "Not Gambling" side of the Jacuzzi? really?

#51     Jul 13, 2005
  2. I guess I would understand better once I see the actual trades you are making. I dont understand how averaging into positions generates positive returns unless the product is constantly mean reverting. What if trends in one direction for a couple of months - wont you end up with a horrific drawdown?

#52     Jul 13, 2005
  3. Wouldn't anything that hedges the currency pair risk also reduce the interest production side of the system?

#53     Jul 13, 2005
  4. Well the other pairs don't move with it....

You are going to witness the balancing attempt I will be making soon. I have one eye on the charts as I type this.

Also the daily injection of interest helps the strengh a little.

Nothing goes in a straight line forever...Just stay near...

Michael B.

#54     Jul 13, 2005
  5. Yes. But I am concentrating on reducing DD to make the 1:4 max risk to cumulative profit easier to reach. I am lazy, I know...Wifey tells me this often.

Michael B.

#55     Jul 13, 2005
  6. Electric has a bad habit of late edits..

winter re-read today...

Folks, I cannot break Electric of this one hour review of his posts. He believes he is contributing to an archive and reads his own stuff as a third person. He even gets into MY posts!

Electric can be complex at times and he IS lazy...but not with his mind..

He will NOT play timed chess as he can think hours on a move while driving the car...He can photograph things, but he is not 100% as one of his buddies is. They can play chess without a board...its a site to see them practice.

Hint: You can beat most computers by sacraficing pieces..
    Wifey.

#56     Jul 13, 2005
  7. Isn't that like saying that a roulette wheel can't come up black forever? (e.g. a Martingale system betting on red)

#57     Jul 13, 2005
  8. But can you stay near? and can you put time on your side?

There is some facts:

Daily injection of interest
    The traded pair in this system do not move together
    no table minimums or maximums

#58     Jul 13, 2005
  9. getting close and this is with the wider EUR/HUF spread of 100...You cannot see that in the screenshot as the frame had to be adjusted to show all the trades

#59     Jul 13, 2005
  10. Here is the screenshot showing the spreads...

#60     Jul 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.