Cash & Carry

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today's Trades (Tuesday)

There was no trading today, but Electric came close a few times.
    I noticed a formula that was incorrect in the Payday, Deposit and Withdrawels banking column way out at the end of the spreadsheet. The net Figure had the wrong formula..why didn't you guys tell me? Electric is pissed! If he would quit adding and taking away experiments and just settle down, less corrections would be necessary!

There was no harm done, I do not know why he is so huffy. I think he is pissed at his market maker for widening that EUR/HUF spread from 40 to 100 at just the wrong time and is a little cranky. Deal with it Electric, this is trading.

Wifey

P.S. I am going to rub Electric's feet tonight...he loves that..

www.ElectricSavant.com

Blog:
    www.ElectricSavant.com/WordPress

ZipFile:

#31     Jul 12, 2005
  2. TradeVestors,

Anyway's, here is a screenshot of the trades tab and charts. You can see the three daily charts and their respective horizontal lines marking the average trade price. The dotted line is the current price. Notice the short positioned EUR/HUF (the line is red) is in the money.

GBP/CHF is not behaving correctly and not "in Cycle", because of the recent bombings.

Perhaps AUD/JPY will come into the money by Thursday. Electric will most likely be trading tomorrow or sooner to take out a losing GBP/CHF trade at the bottom, which will bring the green line on AUD/JPY higher and will cause EUR/HUF to be break even. The resulting balancing will reduce exposure and bring in the green line on the GBP/CHF even closer ever-so-slightly to the current price.

Electric would like me to thank the recent posters of PM's to him and he said don't worry you will get it...It's all about timing and exposure.

We are going to the Gym now, It is leg day. (Notice this is the best time of day to take a break from the system for you 24 hour traders out there, go train and have dinner and enjoy life a little, there is even time for Starbucks after dinner)

Good trading to ALL of you.
    Wifey

#32     Jul 12, 2005
  3. Ok, here we go again. Here is Electric's screenshot. This is a "get ready' for a balancing trade. The question you are asking is: is there enough plus at the top to take out one from the bottom?

Understand that there are two modes of trading in this system working from two different tabs in the platform.

There is trading like today, when there are positions closed and reopened according to the rules and working from the "trades" tab..

or....

Profit taking mode, which takes place when all three positions are near the current price and there is nothing else to do but to take profits at $1.00 per 1k units and working off the "positions" tab.

Overall, there is very little trading in this system...but trading can be a good thing, if you endeavor to take a "better than yield" profit to the account.

There has never been a losing day

Wifey

#33     Jul 13, 2005
  4. Is everybody with me?

This is the time to ask questions.IF I CAN'T ANSWER THEM, ELECTRIC WILL.

Wifey

#34     Jul 13, 2005
  5. Not so much a question as a comment - I find the screen captures difficult to read, even blown up. Can you capture just the application windows and not the whole desktop? Or even better, can you provide all of the trades in a spreadsheet format rather individual day screenshots?

#35     Jul 13, 2005
  6. Ok, now a question... what is the primary mission of this system, is it just the interest generated from holding the positions or is it based on capturing profits from the positions themselves?

I had thought from something I read earlier in the other thread (http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48230&perpage=6&pagenumber=79) that led me to believe it was the former (primarily an interest generator) but the big profits in this system seem to be coming from the latter.

Sorry if this question is too basic, I'm just trying to come to grips with the system and understand where the profits are coming from.

#36     Jul 13, 2005
  7. ummm.

I can try to take the transaction report from the marketmaker and copy it to a file tonight. I think it might be too big, but I will try and parse it into months.

I also can mail it to anybody that requests it.

Please PM your requests while I am working with it tonight, to save time, or you can wait and read it in this thread tonight and print it till your hearts desire.

Wifey

#37     Jul 13, 2005
  8. The mission actually is to chase the current price around the charts with the average trade price while collecting interest. While this chasing is taking place Electric endeavors to take out some profit. When he's not taking profit, he is averaging down or balancing. And on many of the day's there is just the carry and no action.

There is another lower yielding way to do this with hedged pairs. I think there was a post in here naming the pairs. After deducting any "bleed" from its 40% yield will result in a fairly neutral interest carry system.

(Electric helped me with this post, but he can't type just now)

Wifey.

P.S. Electric asked me to thank you winter for your PM's and time. Your questions in the Forum are quite good and perhaps help many, instead of the one-on-one, but either way Electric and I are at your service.

P.S.S. Just a personal note from me, Wifey: The benefit of this system is the daily injection to the portfolio, to enhance its daily profitable activity. I am surprised HF's are not standing in line to hire Electric, but what do I know? Nobody can Trade Cash & Carry as Electric does, and rightfully so, as he is the author. If they just gave him 10% of their funds to trade, Electric could offer them smoother equity curves, without a drag on their total portfolio DD. NOT ONE OFFER HAS ELECTRIC RECEIVED...NO NOT ONE. He thinks he is not good enough and perhaps I push him too hard, but I think Electric is capable of much more. I know because I have been married to him for 16 years. If you agree with me and want to help Electric, then encourage him to keep on keepin' on and help him get a 6 figure or even 7 figure paycheck that I NEED. :)

#38     Jul 13, 2005
  9. update

no trades yet

#39     Jul 13, 2005
  10. sigh,

That Woman, I love her. I am happy and content just doing my own thing, but I said that 16 years ago too.

#40     Jul 13, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.