Cash & Carry

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rules for Cash & Carry (Retail Traders):
    1) Start out with any amount of capital.

2) After funding, ask for a Sub-account, name it cash, so now you have two
    accounts.

3) Split your initial funds into those two accounts The idea is to have 6 times
    the amount to trade with in a cash buffer type of account, AKA the
    "Gambling Meter". For Example, if you have 7k to trade with, put 1k in
    trading and the remainder in cash. To transfer between accounts
    just use the transfer choice in the platform. Your cash earns between
    2.3% - 2.8% APR, assuming you have a USD account. Set the Leverage at
    50:1 and restart your puter'.

4) Open up three Charts, AUD/JPY, GBP/CHF and EUR/HUF
    and save your settings. (tools/save current settings)

It's been easy so far, now lets continue:
    5) Now, this part, might trouble you. You must "scale in" 1k units per
    $100.00 in AUD/JPY in your trading account over a few days or longer
    if you want to begin correctly. It will make your "carry" easier to manage over
    the months to come. There is not a clear rule for this and it is discretionary.
    You can also just get in fast to begin your interest earning account at max from
    day one. Simply Enter in 1k units per $100.00 in AUD/JPY in your trading account at
    a time and try to get one PIP improvment on each entry. Split up the opening
    trades with your trading dollars in each pair. Use this spreadsheet
    for your base proportions and scale in, beginning with AUD/JPY. Start
    by entering in with 1k units of AUD/JPY and the spreadsheet
    will tell you what to enter in with on the other pairs.

6) After step #5 is complete, transfer some cash over to your primary
    trading account, to cover the possibility of the "Average Down" limit
    orders that are going to be placed in the next step. Use the
    "Suggested Transfer" column in the spreadsheet daily.

7) Use the spreadsheet here, and enter in a limit order with the next Average
    Down entry at the increment indicated with the Base Proportion & Increment
    Finder. You can exercise discretion here if you wish, and glance at your
    charts and at will enter in your orders. Try not to space your orders too close together.

Almost done, just some finishing touches:
    8) Look under the trade tab and sort the P/L in descending order, by clicking
    the header, and if you notice a profitable group of trade(s) that can cancel a
    loss at the bottom of the list …Trade it, but wait to be net profitable with
    that exchange, preferably at a higher rate than the 25% APR. You can also take
    profits only by using the Positions tab and with two clicks to close out a position
    that is profitable.

9) If you do #8 above, then you must re-enter some trades immediately to get
    back up to the 25% APR earnings capacity. Reference to the Base Proportion
    and Increment Finder in this spreadsheet.

10) As your balances grow and your unrealized changes, transfer on a daily
    basis the monies accumulating, to reach the 6:1 ratio discussed. As time
    progesses you will find opportunities to compound the daily injections of
    interest into your primary trading account after you FIRST meet your 6:1
    requirement. Distribute those excess amounts into average down trades.

11) Lastly, you can draw horizontal lines on your three charts to give you
    a visual where your average trade price is compared to the current price.
    You can find your average trade price under the positions tab in the platform.

rev 07/11/05

#21     Jul 11, 2005
  2. Please TradeVestors,

Are any of these rules hard to follow in this product?

Wifey

#22     Jul 11, 2005
  3. #23     Jul 11, 2005
  4. Positions Today (Monday)

#24     Jul 11, 2005
  5. just want to drop a note.. Your site is an inspiration to other traders, myself included..

#25     Jul 11, 2005
  6. I appreciate those words of encouragement. This is what I feel is "being a member" of the Trader Family is all about.

Posts like this warms my heart and gives me enough energy to make it a little further.

As far as the Website...lol :) it is primitive, because I do not sit down and learn HTML and Java (I learn it in pieces from www.htmlgoodies.com ). Please excuse the irratating "Hello" and "Laugh" when you open the site, as I recently learned how to load a wavefile to the website server and link to it... want to figure out how to get them into Java "mouseover"...

The Blog is a package deal I get from my WebService. ($95.40/year) www.ipower.com

This Journal is courtesy of ET, and both Wifey and I are honored to be guests in this community. They make all of this possible. Thank You ET and dalodoma.

Michael B.

Please be ever-so-careful trading this system. You must understand the rules and do not geometrically over expose yourself. Please take heed and get that gambling meter to 6:1 and start out with scaled in entries at $100.00 per 1k of AUD/JPY with the other pair proportions respective to the spreadsheet. My heart simply cannot take being responsible for traders blowing up. I have confidence in this system, but I find that most traders want to go too fast. To feel comfortable, if you need a "Gambling Meter" of 10:1, then do it, you still will make a fantastic yield on this low labor system. Controlling DD and the ability to follow that price in a 10Y trend through TIMING, cross trading and scaling is what it is all about. Indirectly, I am teaching you timing, that following the spreadsheet forces. As you observe the cyles and how the swings occur, you will be able to imagine these three instrument as "a blended, one line chart in your head" and will be able to put it all together, as I do.

#26     Jul 11, 2005
  7. Hi,
    Thanks for your prompt reply to my earlier PM. I was going to post it here but was unsure if you would mind.
    As I said I am interested in the scaling in bit as in my own system I just go bang in and bang out. How does this protect you in terms of my scenario below.
    I am currently carrying (in a small game account) EUR/HUF (Short), NZD/USD, EUR/CZK and USD/JPY (All long). This is a combination that there was some discussion about a while ago as they give (relatively) good interest with zero (or close to) exposure to Euro and USD. This has not done to badly with about 40% growth on NAV in the past 6 months.
    What I am not sure about and would like some advice on is how to handle profits/loss and if scaling in and out might help. For example USD/JPY in black and NZD/USD is red at about the same amounts. Do I take the profit on the USD/JPY and re-enter again and wait for the other one to come back again or do I get rid of both to end with a zero sum game but with a nice little packet of interest having been taken over the past couple of months. Is there anyway that you can see a scaling approach protecting or helping one in this scenario.
    Thanks for the advice!

#27     Jul 12, 2005
  8. If I understand you.

Yes I think you should not be afraid to trade. The idea is to chase the current price with the average price to prevent a slow bleed of a long term trend.

However with your approach the weighting and the neutral correlation will help you stay a float.

So Yes and no. I personally do not like to get my average price too far away from the current price. I also enjoy to practice my scaling abilities to capture those precious pips the market is offering.

Thank you for posting to this Journal, instead of PMing, as this uses my time better than a one-on-one discussion.

I hope this helps.

You must excuse me..I am getting real close in this system to do what we are discussing.

Michael B.

#28     Jul 12, 2005
  9. Electric grabbed a screenshot...getting close folks. Look at the plus at the top and the minus at the bottom...can thay cancel each other?

#29     Jul 12, 2005
  10. The market maker widened the EUR/HUF spread to 100 just now...So that halved its profit...will need to wait a bit for any balancing I had planned, but it can still happen. AUD/JPY seems to be strong, we shall see if its strong enough to take out some losing GBP/CHF positions.

Michael B.

#30     Jul 12, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.