Cash & Carry

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wittgenstein,

Electric asked me to Thank You. He is writing in it as we speak.

Wifey

#11     Jul 8, 2005
  2. It has been brought to my attention that there is an error in the Rules.

3) Segregate 5.85 * amt of funds into the Cash sub-account. For example, if you start with 5k then put $4,270.00 into Cash and trade with $730.00. To transfer between accounts just use the transfer choice in the platform. Your cash earns around 2.3% APR, assuming you have a USD account. Set the
    Leverage at 50:1 and restart your puter'.

Electric must fix this...Perhaps this is better:

3) Split your initial Funds into two accounts. The idea is to have 5.85 times the amount to trade with in a "cash buffer" type of account, AKA The Gambling Meter". To transfer between accounts just use the transfer choice in the platform. Your cash earns between 2.3% APR & 2.8%, assuming you have a USD account. Set the Leverage at 50:1 and restart your puter'

Electric: Thank you so much Winter...The rules tab in the spreadsheet will be revised immediatly.

Wifey....and Electric

#12     Jul 8, 2005
  3. #13     Jul 8, 2005
  4. #14     Jul 9, 2005
  5. #15     Jul 10, 2005
  6. Positions Tab Snapshot

AUD/JPY 15000
    EUR/HUF 11,027
    GBP/CHF 6815

Spreadsheet suggeston:

AUD/JPY 15000
    EUR/HUF 10280
    GBP/CHF 7820

Electric will most likely buy 1005 units of GBP/CHF tonight after 20:00est when that spread narrows, to reach the ideal suggested proportion from the spreadsheet. He may split it up with two trades and try to get price improvement. If he misses half no biggie. After a while you will memorize the times the spreads widen and narrow. As far as EUR/HUF is concerned, I don't think Electric will sell any, he will just wait for one of the pair to signal an average down entry.

#16     Jul 10, 2005
  7. Electric and I are told this is an investment grade system, not a trading grade system.

If the DD can be held down with a 50% projected return and a 1:4 max risk to cumulative profit ratio can be achieved, then it does not sound like any investment I have heard of.

Call me an investor then!

Wifey.

If you want to make a hybrid "TradeVestment" then jump in with Cash & Carry.

#17     Jul 10, 2005
  8. Electric entered 502 units on the GBP/CHF with a market order and filled at 2.2593 (7 pip spread at that time).

The remaining 503 pips remain to be executed.

Wifey

#18     Jul 10, 2005
  9. The 2nd. half of the GBP/CHF trade (503 pips) was filled wih a limit order while I was sleeping, at 2.2589. Electric modified the "average down" order shortly after the fill (average down uses the increment in the spreadsheet minus the best fill in the trade tab). Electric never sleeps!

Wifey

#19     Jul 11, 2005
  10. Electric is not quite happy with how this cycle dipped the system into 10% DD territory.

Therefore he will increase the goal to 6:1 on the Gambliing meter. And maintain the same starting exposure at 1k units per $100.00 in AUD/JPY, in the trading account.

When the system gets flat, it is a good time to begin trading "Cash & Carry" for those of you contemplating to start.

Wifey

#20     Jul 11, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.