Cash & Carry (Standard)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 10, 2005.

1. He changed addresses and turned off his phone. I guess I should request that his website be shut down for not publishing current info

#31     Dec 10, 2005
  2. Here is:

Today's Pay Saturday 12.10.05

Michael B.

#32     Dec 10, 2005
  3. I will be asked eventually... Electric? why is there 225 bucks of realized loss?

Answer: I was trading an earlier scalping system and I did not do so well...this is carried over from there. The dealer/marketmaker I use does not credit interest earned to the relaized profit, thus since this system does not trade I must carry it forward to all my spreadsheets.

Michael B.

#33     Dec 10, 2005
  4. robber

robber

Michael,

thanks for all the work you are putting in to helping others understand the principles behind cash and carry. I have one silly question; What is an Uncle Point?

thanks

Neil

#34     Dec 11, 2005
  5. Neil,

Thanks for the kind words.

We do not have hard stops. But BEFORE you trade one unit! you must define where you will get out before the margin call TAKES you out.

Mine is a DD of 30% at reporting time. With the exposures we use in the hedged basket the swings that occur intraday are generally buffered with the hedge, so at interest payment time it is sufficient to look at the DD and decide. The 30% Uncle is a trigger for you to draw the line and get out.

Sometimes I use a 20% Uncle point with baskets that have less volatility, but this basket has the lowest volatility currently, and I am still at 30%

Michael B.

#35     Dec 11, 2005
  6. nkhoi

nkhoi

usually I filter out any website that has combo of 'x' and 'pic' in it.

#36     Dec 11, 2005
  7. :)

#37     Dec 11, 2005
  8. Today's Pay Sunday 12.11.05

#38     Dec 11, 2005
  9. mahras2

mahras2

Hey Michael,

I entered all the positions for C&C Standard. The demos balance is 125K. I entered all the trades as specified by the spread sheet.

The EUR Exposure is 0. However, the USD exposure is +37K. Isnt the system supposed to be USD and EUR neutral.

#39     Dec 12, 2005
  10. Could you give me your # of units that the spreadsheet indicates?

Could you check your positions tab on your platform and verify?

Michael B.

#40     Dec 12, 2005