Cash Bonds + Interactive Brokers = ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by ilyagood, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ilyagood

ilyagood

Hi Guys,

Is there someone who trade cash U.S. Treasury Bonds/Notes thru IB?

2. Daal

Daal

Yes but you need to became a millionarie first

3. ilyagood

ilyagood

Are you sure that minimum order is 1M(Face Value)?

I spoke to their support and I was told that minimum order is 1 000(Face Value)

4. Daal

Daal

Maybe they changed back but I remember not being able to buy

5. ilyagood

ilyagood

How long ago did you try? Because recently I tried to buy and I not being able too. I received message “Invalid Order”. I contacted to the support and again asked them about minimum order size. They one more time repeated that minimum order is 1 lot(1 000 Face Value). Also they told me that they have no idea about why I not able to buy…

Is there any person who actually can successfully trade cash U.S. Treasury at IB?

6. On IB, I have recently (last month or so) traded 30 year treasuries cash and it goes in increments as low as 10 lots. 1 lot is $100. (So a 50 qty order would represent around $5000 worth of treasury bonds) The orders are slow to fill, an order fills aren't exactly predictable. I imagine if you trade 100+ lots you'll get better fills.

50 qty is the minimum you'll want to do, since the commission is $5 minimum (and $1 per 10 lot after I believe).

7. chs245

chs245

Yes, no problem. I bought 4 different GM bonds via IB - you can buy as low as one contract/bond a face value of 1000

8. ilyagood

ilyagood

Could you please tell me can you choose where to route the order or there's only “smart routing” is available? And what ECN is shown in Market Depth?

9. Daal

Daal

I get the error 'no trading permission, regulatory restriction, contact support' when trying to buy tbills, even though I enabled fixed income in the permissions page and own a few corporate bonds

10. ilyagood

ilyagood

Guys, does anyone know are non-U.S. residents able to trade T-bill through IB? It seems non-U.S. residents can only trade Notes and Bonds…

#10     Apr 30, 2009