Casey Anthony not guilty, wtf?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I also think she is guilty, but the main reason i believed she was guilty was because she was a heartless cunt who went out partying just one month after her daughter was dead. But Maverik is right, i watched this all day sunday when the were doing closing arguments, and the prosecution really didnt have any evidence that she killed her daughter. Hell the prosecution didnt even know her cause of death.

There was soo many pieces lacking on the prosecution side, to convict someone of first degree murder.

#31     Jul 5, 2011
  2. Kids don't have many rights and unless they are a fetus they have no one standing up for them.

#32     Jul 5, 2011
  3. as678

as678

Kids die all the time. Why is this one such a big deal?

#33     Jul 5, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Either way this woman will spend the rest of her life in hell, she screwed over her whole family, all of her friends and family will disown her, no one will ever hire her for a job, no one will rent her a house, she will be shunned and attacked verbally or physically any time she goes out in public, and she will have to look over her shoulder her entire life wondering whether some lunatic is going to try to kill her. And she is going to have to live with herself knowing she murdered her daughter, and made her entire family look bad in order to get herself off.

When she gets out of jail she will have the worst life imaginable, besides actually being in jail, she is basically going to have to live on house arrest atleast for the next few years.

#34     Jul 5, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

What is the definition of "proof beyond a reasonable doubt"?

#35     Jul 5, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

+1

And btw, when she was in jail, and her mom said, "people are even saying Caylee drown in the pool," her daughter said, "imagine that." Meaning, "isn't that a b.s. theory." BUT, the defense decided to use it, they did, and it sadly worked. The sheeple of America today... Unreal!

#36     Jul 5, 2011
  7. jem

jem

now you are getting to the heart of the issue. Was there really evidence that showed she killed her daughter brd?

I found this on a CT website but I heard similar things in court in CA... I think part of the second paragraph is too soft.

My take on the constitution is that I think someone should not be found guilty unless a juror is certain beyond all doubt to a sane mind.

The meaning of reasonable doubt can be arrived at by emphasizing the word reasonable. It is not a surmise, a guess or mere conjecture.1 It is not a doubt raised by anyone simply for the sake of raising a doubt. It is such a doubt as, in serious affairs that concern you, you would heed; that is, such a doubt as would cause reasonable men and women to hesitate to act upon it in matters of importance.2 It is not hesitation springing from any feelings of pity or sympathy for the accused or any other person who might be affected by your decision. It is, in other words, a real doubt, an honest doubt, a doubt that has its foundation in the evidence or lack of evidence.3 It is doubt that is honestly entertained and is reasonable in light of the evidence after a fair comparison and careful examination of the entire evidence.4

Proof beyond a reasonable doubt does not mean proof beyond all doubt; the law does not require absolute certainty on the part of the jury before it returns a verdict of guilty.5 The law requires that, after hearing all the evidence, if there is something in the evidence or lack of evidence that leaves in your minds, as reasonable men and women, a reasonable doubt as to the guilt of the accused, then the accused must be given the benefit of that doubt and acquitted. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt is proof that precludes every reasonable hypothesis except guilt and is inconsistent with any other rational conclusion.6

#37     Jul 5, 2011
  8. Eight

Eight

They told me that same line of b.s. when I was young but the truth is, I found new friends and I don't miss the family, all the personal attacks made me a better debater and Martial Artist, not to mention that Jail is a real Gladiator Academy if ever there was one.. all and all and on balance... it was worth it!! There I said it and I'll say it again.... they pissed me off, I did them in because in California you get out of Youth Authority at 25 no matter how much mayhem you do.... besides all you need to earn a living is some trading skills and a brokerage acct... so I never worked again, so frigging what? WiN stands for Work is Nonprofit and in the US of A it's more true now than the day I got out... fwiw I miss being inside!! If I could function in the real world would I be posting on a trading website? That's what I thought...

#38     Jul 5, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

The thing is, Jem, the average juror doesn't give a rat's ass about what the "lawyer talk" is for the phrase "proof beyond a reasonable doubt". In other words, it is interpretted slightly different by each member of a jury.

Of course, I wasn't on the jury, but me and most of the free world thought a guilty verdict was a slam dunk, based on the evidence that was out in public view. And, if the truth could ever be known, I think even Casey Anthony and her lawyers were shocked. Oh well, it is what it is.

#39     Jul 6, 2011
  10. Illum

Illum

Media. Damn country is burning down to animal mobs, and everyone is being drawn to a random story 1 trashy mother and her murdered child. Slight of hand. Lots of people murdered this last weekend. But it is emotionally covered up and hidden, buy this sorrow/anger flytrap. Of course the murder of this child is horrific. That's why it works.

#40     Jul 6, 2011