Casey Anthony not guilty, wtf?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Artful D0dger, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, so you are not going to refute my statement. That's all I wanted to know. Thanks.

#11     Jul 5, 2011
  2. i'm just kidding around.

personally, i don't complain about the outcome. i don't even know the facts of the case. maybe somebody else indeed killed the girl.

#12     Jul 5, 2011
  3. BSAM

BSAM

You're welcome, Mav. Do you think Casey Anthony should have been found guilty? Have you ever been in jail?

#13     Jul 5, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I think she was guilty as sin as was OJ. In both cases, the prosecution did not prove their case. You have to PROVE your case beyond a reasonable doubt. That is our system. No, I have never been in jail.

#14     Jul 5, 2011
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Mav, thank you for not replying with any vulgar postings.

When you calm down, you can put up some reasonable posts.

Do you think that jury selection had anything to do with the decision? And, do you think that lawyers should be able to participate in jury selection?

#15     Jul 5, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, the jury selection played a big part as in most murder cases. And yes, I think lawyers should be able to strike jurors. They both get equal opportunity to remove what they view as the extreme personalities. The goal at the end is to get a bunch of people in the middle. Again, the system is far from perfect. But it's the best system in the world. Just ask Amanda Knox who is sitting in jail in Italy because of the incompetence of one prosecuting attorney. She got a 26 year sentence for committing a crime in where there is absolutely no proof.

#16     Jul 5, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

Innnnng...That's a wrong answer, Mav. (My opinion, of course.)

Lawyer participation is one of the prime reasons why our court system is completely screwed. This is how decisions like the one today get handed down.

#17     Jul 5, 2011
  8. jem

jem

I did not watch one minute of the trial.

Can anyone tell me what evidence there was which proved she did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

At the moment I suspect we should be happy a jury took the idea of beyond a reasonable doubt seriously.

#18     Jul 5, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You want a random jury? You want the possibility of 12 tea party republicans on a jury of a black man killing a white woman in the first degree in a capital murder state? Really? I don't and I love the tea party! Jury selection is probably one the most important protections we have as citizens. It's to make sure we don't accidentally stack the jury so a fair trial is not even possible.

#19     Jul 5, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Let's look at this from this angle:

You think Casey Anthony is guilty. I think Casey Anthony is guilty. Most of the world thinks she is guilty. So, how can one say that it wasn't proven?? Oh, wait, we're all wrong and those hand full of geniuses, who were stacked...er, uh...I mean picked for the jury are the ones who are using the best judgment, right?

#20     Jul 5, 2011